Titles available to buy or rent on the platform will include Spider-Man: No Way Home, Bullet Train, Uncharted and Venom: Let There Be Carnage.
The first auto maker to partner with RIDEVU is Vietnamese electric vehicle company VinFast, which will launch the service this summer.
The in-car features for RIDEVU are listed as follows:
- The simplest, most intuitive in-vehicle user experience
- Multi-screen integration for both in-car screens and other personal devices
- The most advanced video playback, allowing content to be streamed simultaneously on up to six different screens and devices or watched independently on each device
- Timed content recommendations for shorter trips
- Easy-to-access parental controls from the vehicle dashboard
- Unique service controls for all screens (those built in vehicles and on mobile devices) through the center control panel
- Compatibility with Android, iOS, Android TV, Apple TV, and Linux, among others, regardless of the connected device network
- Smart network data management for continuous playback wherever you are
As for VinFast, it began US EV sales in March and it plans to build a US assembly plant in North Carolina, with production starting in 2025.