Sony announced Mobile ES’s first double DIN deck along with new amplifiers.
The XAV-9000ES is an advanced deck with a built in A/B 4-channel amplifier, advanced Hi-Res Audio capability, and home audio quality (ESS) digital to analog converter.
The deck has a 6.75 inch capacitive screen (1280 x 720 pixel resolution) and wireless CarPlay and wireless Android Auto. It can be used with an iDatalink’s Maestro to retain factory features and it uses audiophile-grade capacitors. (See full details below).
Sony VP of Personal Entertainment Kaz Makiyama said “… With superior quality sound, customization, and high-resolution graphical interface, we are bringing unmatched audio and visual entertainment to drivers and passengers looking for an upgraded in-car experience.”
The XAV-9000ES is due in September at a suggested retail price of $899.99.
It is joined by two new Mobile ES Class D amplifiers that are Hi-Res Audio capable. The XM-8ES delivers 100 watts by 8 and the XM-6ES delivers 100 watts by 6, both at 1 kHz and 1 % THD. (See more specs below).
The amplifiers ship in July. The XM-8ES will have a suggested retail price of $999.99 and the XM-6ES will carry a price of $899.99.
- Double DIN, Flush Surface 6.75-Inch: HD1280x720 Capacitive Touchscreen
- High-Resolution Audio Compatible: The 9000ES supports a variety of high-resolution audio codecs including native 192 kHz / 24-bit WAV, FLAC, ALAC audio files, and DSD (22.4MHz) files via 192 kHz / 24-bit PCM conversion. LDAC enables Bluetooth streaming of all these codecs with exceptional sound quality.
- ESS Digital-to-Analog Converter: Provides the same caliber of sound usually reserved for high-end home audio products, thanks to the ESS DAC chip with high performance 32-bit processing and eliminated timing jitter for superior dynamic range and low harmonic distortion.
- Premium 4-ch Class A/B Amplifier: A dedicated power circuit is designed for each of the left and right channels, while an overall amplifier block includes updated circuit configurations, patterns, and choices of components, minimizing interference. The volume control circuit utilizes a select audio IC with less distortion and noise. The results are “smooth highs, tight bass, wide dynamic range, and a more accurate soundstage.”
- Choices for Optimum Performance: The dedicated choke coil features powerful bass while filtering unwanted frequencies, for controlled and dynamic audio reproduction. Audiophile-grade capacitors and multi-layer polymer capacitors help ensure low overall harmonic distortion and natural sound character.
- Anti-Resonance Dual-Layer Chassis: The dual-layer design of the chassis separates analog and digital circuitry, preventing electromagnetic interference.
- Sound Customization: The 192 kHz / 24-bit DSP offers “pristine” sound processing and time alignment, 14-band equalizer, and 8-band parametric equalizer. Together with the updated 3-zone crossover, which enables bi-amp front 2-way speaker drive settings, you can dial in the desired combination of front, rear and subwoofers.
- Bi-Amp Front 2-Way Speaker Drive Settings: Designed for front component speaker configurations, this setting lets you apply independent crossover, PEQ and even time-alignment settings to individual drivers in bi-amp front speakers. Now you can customize sound for each component speaker using the same detailed control normally reserved for front and rear speaker groups.
- 3-Camera Trigger Inputs: Drivers can see the images of up to three connected cameras when shifting the vehicle’s transmission lever to the reverse position or tap the dedicated icons on the home screen. By utilizing the supplied trigger wires, each camera image can be switched on and off, or from one to another automatically by detecting the vehicle’s turn signals or sensing compatible signals such as that for a connected front camera. An adjustable parking guide is also available for reverse gear.
- Wire-Free Smartphone Connectivity: Thanks to built-in Wi-Fi and the supplied GPS antenna, users can leave their smartphone in their pocket and still access full device integration.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wireless Android Auto
- USB Type-C Compatible Rear Connection Terminals: USB Type-C terminal is available for any compatible device, allowing high-current charge up to 3A.
- Quick Wake Up:
- Simple Button Controls: The button design features large keys and a sleek display.
- iDatalink Maestro Compatible: iDatalink Maestro compatibility connects the 9000ES to the vehicle’s onboard computer, turning it into a customized display for factory-equipped functions and features. Users can interact with vehicle infotainment and information directly on the 6.75″ touchscreen.
- Enhanced 5V 3-pre Out Connectivity: For future expandability, the 5V 3-pre out connectivity allows customers to build a full acoustic system, including a newly available stereo subwoofer connection, and a 4-channel stereo amplification for even louder and more powerful sound reproduction.
- HD Graphical User Interface: Enhanced for safety and ease of use, it features a high-contrast Mobile ES™ color scheme while customizable wallpaper suits your vehicle and style.
XM-8ES and XM-6ES Amplifier Features:
- High-Resolution Audio Compatible: The amplifiers produce the subtlest nuances of studio-quality sound. A range of premium circuit components work together for pitch-perfect sound reproduction.
- Powerful Sound and Clarity: XM-8ES (100W x 8); XM-6ES (100W x 6), both at 1 kHz and 1 % THD.
- Optimized Power Blocks: The power supply block is optimally designed for low-noise, highly efficient electric power transmission, where the DC converter with a toroidal core transformer is chosen for less electro-magnetic interference. To reproduce delicate ultra-high-frequency sound, each channel block and the class-D amplification are all isolated with their own ground circuitry, minimizing any signal interference.
- Select Components for Superior Sound: The upgraded inductors with OFC wires are selected for lower internal resistance and improved sound character, while the low impedance electrolytic capacitors contribute to clear and precise sound reproduction.
- High-Quality Speaker/Power Terminal: The speaker and power terminal features hex screws, providing a durable method of tightening the wire connections while accepting bare wire or wire ferrules for superior electrical performance and high-quality sound, and safe connection.
- Sturdily Built Structures: The rigid, 1.2 mm, cross-braced bottom plate reduces resonance by approximately 50 % and shifts resonance peaks away from the harsh vehicle vibration frequency bands, upgrading damping performance dramatically.
- Enhanced Logical Control and Connection Placement: Controls and connections are logically placed for easy understanding and use.