Best Buy is rolling out nationwide a new program that not only offers tech support, but provides subscribers first dibs on hard-to-get gift items and other products.
Under its new Totaltech support program, consumers pay $200 a year for unlimited 24/7 Geek Squad tech support for many products including car audio. In addition, they receive free basic installation on car audio (but extra fees remain on more complex installs). This is an expansion of a previous program called Total Tech.
And, at a time when shortages are rampant, and expected to create backlogs on popular Christmas items, Best Buy announced Tuesday that Totaltech members will now receive “exclusive access to some of the season’s hardest-to-find products.”
Starting October 18, Totaltech members will also have access to special events called “Member Monday” that offer exclusive deals “on some of the hottest tech,” said Best Buy.
Member Monday will run on select weeks throughout the holiday season.
Under Totaltech (formerly called Total Tech under a more limited program), members receive:
- Free Geek Squad tech support, available 24/7/365 on all the technology in your home, no matter where you bought it.
- Totaltech Expert Access, a VIP service with access to dedicated phone and chat teams.
- Up to 24 months of product protection on most Best Buy purchases during active membership, including AppleCare+ on Apple products.
- Free delivery and standard installation.
- Exclusive Totaltech member prices.
- 20% off labor for repairs and advanced services and 10% off labor for custom installations.
- Extended 60-day return and exchange window on most products.
- Free haul-away on most product replacements.