Nakamichi Car Audio announced it is air shipping to the US, a thousand units of a new 2021 car radio to meet demand for CarPlay head units.
The new deck includes a DVD player as well as both CarPlay and Android Auto.
“With air freight surcharges as high as 300 percent, Diplomat and Nakamichi had the foresight and the financial means to make this happen at a time when everyone is starved for product,” said Robin McNeal National Sales Manager. Diplomat Trading in Miami, is the exclusive US agent for Nakamichi Car Audio.
Car audio head units have been in short supply since May, with some key brands backordered by two to three months.
The NA6605 is a double DIN DVR receiver with a 6.8-inch capacitive touch screen that includes a 4V preamp output, front and rear USB inputs, dual camera inputs and dual video outputs. Street price for the new NA6605 is $499.95.
NA6605 features include:
• DVD/CD receiver with AM/FM RDS tuner
• 6.8″ capacitive touchscreen display
• Waze-ready with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto
• Plays high-res FLAC and WAV (up to 24-bit/96 kHz) files on USB drives
• Fits double-DIN dash openings (170mm x 96mm)
• Built-in Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming (v4.2)
• Plays full HD video files in select formats
• Compatible with wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto • Pandora and Spotify control
with iPhone and Android
• Plays CDs, DVDs, and USB memory devices
• Subwoofer level, high and low-pass crossover controls
• Inputs: front and rear USB input, rear dual camera inputs, rear video input, front
3.5mm AUX input
• Outputs: 5-channel preamp outputs (4-volt front, rear, 3-volt mono subwoofer), rear
dual video outputs
• Built-in internal amp (24 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
• Compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
• IR wireless remote included
For more information contact [email protected]