Pioneer Electronics is shipping its largest radios to date. The 9- and 10- inch NEX floating radios first shown at CES in January are now available under Pioneer’s NEX series, as well as two new radios with standard 6.8 inch screens.
The new NEX radios are among the industry’s first AV decks with built-in Amazon Alexa. When the radio is connected to a WiFi hot spot, users can access Alexa through the radio for questions and commands such as:
- Alexa, what’s the weather?
- Alexa, add apples to my shopping list
- Alexa, close the garage door
- Alexa, play radio on Pandora
- DMH-WT8600NEX (10.1 inch; $1,200) / DMH-WT7600NEX (9 inch; $1,000): An all new floating display configuration, allowing a large display to be installed using a universal 1-DIN chassis
- DMH-WC6600NEX (9 inch; $900): A modular design that combines a large touchscreen display with a hideaway control unit that installers can tuck into separate compartments of the vehicle
- DMH-W4660NEX / DMH-W4600NEX (6.8 inch; $600): A traditional 2DIN chassis for universal application in most vehicles on the road in the U.S.