With a new line of 5 NEX AV radios, Pioneer Electronics becomes the first aftermarket car audio supplier to hit the low $400 suggested retail price point for a CarPlay radio. And it’s the first to offer Waze capability.
Two new double DIN CarPlay models, the AVH-1330NEX and AVH-1300NEX, come with 6.2-inch screens and include Waze, Spotify, Pandora and SiriusXM capability.
Android Auto is found on three of the new NEX models, the double DIN AVH-3300NEX, AVH-2330NEX, and the single DIN AVH-2300NEX, all with 7-inch screens, at $500- $600 suggested retail price.
With Waze capability, the app appears on the large radio screen and users may control the app from the radio (when the radio is connected to a smartphone).
The new radios automatically recognize the phone type and bring up the appropriate interface–either CarPlay or Android Auto– to match.
Pioneer said, “the new NEX models have been engineered with an optimized PCB layout for audio signal integrity and a number of audiophile-grade components to deliver a premium audio listening experience.”
There are four double DIN models and one single DIN, including two double DIN models with 7-inch screens–the AVH-2330NEX and AVH-2300NEX and two double DIN models with 6.2 inch screens–the AVH-1330NEX and AVH-1300NEX and the single DIN AVH-3300NEX with a 7-inch motorized screen. All have SiriusXM compatibility and Bluetooth and two come with HD Radio (the AVH-2330NEX and AVH-1330NEX).
All models are backup camera ready and support width and distance parking reference lines.
Pioneer’s NEX receivers will be available in July with suggested retail prices of: $600 (AVH-3300NEX), $500 (AVH-2330NEX and AVH-2300NEX), and $400 (AVH-1330NEX and AVH-1300NEX).
Other Features on All Models:
- Spotify, Waze, CarPlay, Bluetooth, SiriusXM capability, Pandora
- 13 band Graphic Equalizer with touch panel swipe setting and built-in high/low pass crossover with expanded adjustable crossover points and slopes
- Built-in Auto EQ and Auto Time Alignment provide customized audio adjustments for the driver
- Advanced Sound Retriever
- Ability for users to play back full HD videos stored on a USB and NTFS files stored on a compatible external HDD
- Receivers offer playback of files encoded as high-res FLAC up to 192kHz/24 bit and provide playback output at CD-quality (44kHz/16bit)
Other Features on Some Models
- The AVH-3300NEX, AVH-2330NEX and AVH-1330NEX also come with:
- A remote control to conveniently adjust volume, audio source and more
- Dual camera inputs to help consumers enhance the rear visibility of their existing vehicles, beyond what can be seen in the rearview mirror
- iDatalink Maestro support available on the AVH-2330NEX, AVH-2300NEX, AVH-1330NEX and AVH-1300NEX
- Compatibility with Pioneer’s AVIC-U280 outboard navigation system (sold separately)
- USB Quick Charge (all models) – charges 1.5 amp Android devices
- High power MOSFET 50W x 4
For more information on the new line, visit http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/NEX.