Pioneer Electronics announced at CES it is bundling several of its NEX in-dash radios with a backup camera.
Pioneer says the bundled ND-BC8 backup camera has a faster processor and lower power consumption than traditional rear view cameras. As a result, it doesn’t “smear” in very bright sunlight.
The compact camera also has a 129-degree wide-angle view and can display detailed rear view images at resolutions greater than 300,000 pixels.
When used with a Pioneer radio, it shows width and distance parking lines on the car radio.
The camera will be bundled with a new AVIC-8201NEX, AVIC-7201NEX, AVIC-6201NEX and AVH-4201NEX.
The NEX bundles will be available in February with suggested retail prices of: $1,300 (AVIC-8201NEX), $1,100 (AVIC-7201NEX), $900 (AVIC-6201NEX), and $700 (AVH-4201NEX).
- 1/4-inch color CMOS Sensor with approximately 310,000 pixel resolution
- Wide Angle Lens
- Horizontal View in Degrees: 129
- Vertical View in Degrees: 105
- Illumination Range: Approximately .9 lux to 100,000 lux
- 7/8” x 7/8” x 1” (W x H x D)
- Universal compatibility with most aftermarket radios.