April 6, 2012
First debuted at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show in January, the long-awaited Pioneer AppRadio™ 2 smartphone powered in-vehicle audio system is now available at authorized Pioneer retailers. The next generation AppRadio 2 is the first in-dash receiver to support BOTH the iPhone®* platform and an increasing number of models on the Android** smartphone platform.
AppRadio 2 Features:
- iPhone 4 and 4S compatibility via the iPhone interface cable (included)
- Compatible with certain Android™ powered smartphones via the Android App Connectivity Kit, CD-AH200C (sold separately)
- Large 7-inch capacitive touchscreen, enabling control of supported functions using touch and motion gestures similar to the most popular smartphone devices
- New AM/FM radio layout
- Updated built-in Bluetooth® connectivity for hands-free calling with phone book access, dial pad and included microphone
- Built-in GPS antenna for improved positioning accuracy
- Input for an optional rear facing back-up camera
- Two pairs of RCA outputs for connection to external amplifiers
- Steering wheel control (sold separately) input
AppRadio 2 for iPhone 4 or 4S
The AppRadio 2 includes the interface cable for the iPhone 4 or 4S. After installation, users simply download and install the latest Pioneer AppRadio App onto their iPhone, plug the phone into the included interface cable and start using many of the latest Internet radio, navigation and data apps more safely and intuitively through the touchscreen display.
AppRadio 2 for Android powered smartphones
The AppRadio 2 is the first in-dash receiver product to introduce compatibility with the Android mobile platform, providing the ability to control, view and listen to compatible apps running on certain Android powered smartphones. Please note that NOT all Android powered smartphones or apps are compatible. To view a list of compatible Android smartphones, click here or visit pioneerelectronics.com/appradio. Additional Android smartphones are continually being tested, and consumers are encouraged to check often for the latest list of compatible devices.
Connection of a compatible Android powered smartphone requires the Android App Connectivity Kit, CD-AH200C (sold separately). This kit includes cables that support both the Mobile High Definition Link (MHL) and Micro HDMI® connections necessary to interface with a compatible Android powered smartphone. There is currently a shipping delay of the CD-AH200C Android App Connectivity kit. Pioneer will notify consumers of the CD-AH200C’s availability in the near future.