Updated! JL Audio has launched a custom audio shop online that lets consumers as well as dealers configure and order the brand’s M6 and M7 marine speakers and subwoofers.
The JL Audio Custom Shop allows users to pick colors and patterns for the speaker grilles and trim rings and change the badge color.
Customers also get the option of RGB lighting with a controller for unlimited colors, or hard-wired for one of seven colors.
A JL Audio spokesman said the Custom Shop provides dealers “a tool to differentiate themselves and offer their customers a unique way to customize M6 and M7 sport grille speakers to their desired aesthetic.”
The program allows dealers to stock one speaker that can be customized with a variety of grille options “ensuring they always have the right product on hand,” said the company.
JL Audio is also offering a display program that turns the virtual experience of the Custom Shop into a physical one in the store.
Colors and patterns available for the M6 and M7 speaker grille and trim ring include Gloss White, Warm White, Cream, Beige, Chrome, Silver, Titanium, Red, Blue, Gray Metallic, Anthracite, Satin Black and hydro-dipped Carbon Fiber. More colors and pattern options will be added in the future.
The M6 and M7 were chosen for the Custom Shop due to their modular grille and trim ring design, and since M6 already offers two grille design options. Furthermore, marine speakers are exposed in most installations, and having the ability to personalize their appearance helps dealers match the upholstery of the boat.
JL Audio President Andy Oxenhorn said,“…With Custom Shop we’re taking the customized marine audio experience to another level by providing customers the ability to also dial in the looks of their M6 and M7 products without compromising performance or voiding warranties.”
The speakers in the Custom Shop include:
- M6-650X – 6.5-inch marine coaxial speaker (with or without RGB illumination)
- M6-770X – 7.7-inch marine coaxial speaker (with or without RGB illumination)
- M6-880X – 8.8-inch marine coaxial speaker (with or without RGB illumination)
- M6-8 – 8-inch infinite baffle or enclosed use marine subwoofers (with or without RGB illumination)
- M6-10 – 10-inch infinite baffle or enclosed use marine subwoofers (with or without RGB illumination)
- M7-12 – 12-inch infinite baffle or enclosed use marine subwoofers (with or without RGB illumination)
See the JL Audio Custom Shop here.