Firstech (maker of brands including Compustar and DroneMobile) announced the launch of the myFirstech App, that provides wiring information for both remote start and car audio. It also lets dealers and distributors buy product and track their rewards points.
The app is a collaboration between Firstech and iDatalink. (Previously, Firstech offered online wiring support for remote start without the e-commerce ability and without a smartphone app).
At launch, remote start wiring will be available for over 10,000 vehicles and audio wiring for over 35,000 vehicles.
The functions of the app include:
- 12-volt wiring (location, color, polarity, images) for remote start, security, and audio installations
- Detailed install guides and vehicle walkthroughs
- DroneMobile telematics activation and troubleshooting
- Product document library
- myFirstech Rewards recurring revenue program for dealers and installers
- Exclusive access to myFirstech Academy virtual and in-person trainings
- B2B e-commerce for direct Firstech dealers to purchase Firstech :
- o Compustar & Compustar PR
- o DroneMobile (hardware and subscriptions)
- o Arctic Start
- o FTX
- o Momento
- o iDatalink
- o iDatalink Maestro
- o iDatastart
- o Mid City Engineering
- o NuStart (EDA members only)
- o Tesa Tape
- B2B order management for direct Firstech dealers
Any user can download the app but authorization is required for purchases by dealers and distributors only.
Firstech said it paid retailers over $1 million in rewards incentives last year for each activation of remote start. Those rewards can now be tracked through the app. The company said it is on track to exceed the $1 million mark this year by a wide margin.
The new features will also become available on the myFirstech website.
Retailers can create an account at https://install.myfirstech.com/dealer-request