In addition to the 8-inch Halo subwoofer enclosures Alpine introduced this week, it will ship this month new 10- and 12-inch preloaded Halo sub enclosures, the company announced Friday.
The new models use new R2-Series subwoofers with an all new design that uses larger, double-stacked magnets. This increases motor strength by 5%-8% over the previous generation, for deeper bass, said Alpine.
The new R2 subwoofers include a new ceramic composite dust cap and use Alpine’s High Amplitude Multi-Roll (HAMR) Surround Technology, which lets the subwoofer cone move air while staying cool, for better output.
The enclosures use Alpine’s ProLink for linking boxes together.
The enclosure models R2-SB12V and R2-SB10V will carry a MAP of $449.95 and $429.95 respectively.
The next-generation R2-Series subwoofers will be available in 8-inch models for $219.95 (R2-W8D4, R2-W8D2), 10-inch for $299.95 (R2-W10D4, R2-W10D2), and 12-inch for $349.95 (R2-W12D4, R2-W12D2).
- Alpine Halo Design
- ProLink™ ported enclosure design
- Polypropylene/Ceramic Composite Dust Cap
- Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone High-Performance subwoofers
- EZ Twist-Lock Grille Mount System
- High-Amplitude Multi-Roll (H.A.M.R.) Surround
- Large Double-Stacked Magnets
- 750W RMS Power Handling
- Includes preloaded R2-W12D4 12” (R2-SB12V) or R2-W10D4 10” (R2-SB10V) R-Series subwoofer
- CARB compliant 3/4-inch MDF construction
- Premium black carpet
- Silver Alpine embossed side logo badge
- Brushed aluminum finished metallic front baffle
- Dimensions: 17” W x 14.625” H x 15” D (R2-SB12V) or 16” W x 12.6825” H x 14.5” D (R2-SB10V)
- Dual 4Ω Voice Coils Wired in Parallel for a 2Ω Load (Compatible with R-A75M)
- 12 Gauge OFC Speaker Box Wire
- Binding Post Terminal Cup
- Threaded Subwoofer Mounting Inserts (for reversible subwoofer orientation)
- 2Ω Impedance
- Frequency Response: 24-200Hz (R2-SB12V) or 26-200Hz (R2-SB10V)
- Vented Enclosure Tuning Frequency: 35Hz (R2-SB12V) or 36Hz (R2-SB10V)
- Sensitivity 85 dB (R2-SB12V) 82.3dB (R2-SB10V)
- 65.5mm voice coil
- XMax: 20mm
- Magnet Weight: 144 oz (R2-SB12V) 123 oz (R2-SB10V)