Alpine Electronics of America announced two new Alpine Halo floating screen car radios that offer Hi-Resolution Audio playback, a Hi-Res display, and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The new receivers are also the industry’s first to include SiriusXM 360L, which combines satellite radio and streaming audio for more choices in listening (optional SXV300 tuner required).
The iLX-F511 11-inch receiver and the iLX-F509 9-inch model include a WXGA Hi-Res display (1280x720px) ) and they can work with an optional iDatalink Maestro module to retain radio control over factory features such as OnStar or Ford Sync.
The mechless radios (no CD/DVD) are the next generation of Alpine’s Halo floating style receivers first launched in 2018. The receivers created a new benchmark in head units because of their versatile large screens and single DIN chassis to fit almost any car.
The decks have front and rear camera inputs for dual cameras (sold separately). The rear view camera includes a distance guide when backing up.
The new decks work with a number of add-on options. Multiple camera angles can be viewed with an optional selector module, KCX-C2600B. There’s a new optional Halo Subwoofer Controller that mounts to the display, RUX-H02. And an HDMI input and output are included to connect a DVD player or even a smartphone for an all-digital audio and video connection through a single cable.
Other features on the new decks include HD Radio and on-board tuning–5-band graphic EQ or 13-band parametric EQ per channel and 6-channel time correction for staging.
The iLX-F511 and iLX-F509 will ship in February at street prices of $1199.95 and $999.95 respectively.
- 11-inch (iLX-F511) and 9-inch (iLX-F509) WXGA High Resolution Display (1280x720px)
- Tapered display housing and silver trim for a clean, modernized fit and finish
- Floating style display with adjustable height, depth, and angle mounting bracket
- Standard 1-DIN chassis designed to fit aftermarket ISO DIN dash kits for various vehicle applications
- Hi-Res Audio Playback
- Works with Apple CarPlay® (wireless and wired)
- The Google Assistant is available on Android Auto™ (wireless and wired)
- Bluetooth® built-in for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- SiriusXM-Ready®/ SiriusXM NGS-Ready® (SXV300 Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit sold separately; SiriusXM subscription required)
- Built-in HD Radio®
- HDMI Input and Output
- Aux Input
- Dual USB Input
- iDatalink® Maestro Connectivity
- DVR-C320R Alpine Dash Camera Compatible (camera sold separately)
- Media Xpander®
- Navigation Compatible with the KTX-NS01 Navigation Module (sold separately)
- MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC/APE music playback via USB
- H.264/MPEG-4 AVC/MP4/MOV/FLV/MKV video playback via USB
- JPG/PNG/BMP USB photo viewer
- Front/Rear camera inputs with distance guide display
- KCX-C2600B Universal Front and Rear Camera Selector ready
- Steering wheel remote control ready
- External microphone included
- Built-in amplifier (16-watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 3 preouts (True 4V)
- 5-band graphic EQ or 13-band parametric EQ (per channel)
- 6-channel time correction
- 24-bit DAC
- High pass crossover/low pass crossover: Front/Rear/Subwoofer
- CTA-2006 compliant