Sony Electronics Inc. announced its first head unit under its newly revived high end Mobile ES line of car audio products.
The high-res audio receiver has a 10.1 inch display and is Sony’s first radio with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The model XAV-9500ES supports high-res audio streaming via LDAC over Bluetooth. It supports 192 kHz / 24-bit WAV, FLAC, ALAC audio files, and DSD (22.4MHz) files via 192 kHz / 24-bit PCM conversion.
Sony says the deck delivers the same caliber of sound quality as its high end home audio products with an ESS DAC chip for digital to analog conversion. The deck includes other audiophile grade components.
The XAV-9500ES will be available in November 2021 for a suggested retail price of $1,299.99 with the following features:
- High Quality Sound:
- High-resolution Audio Compatible
- ESS Digital-to-Analog Converter
- Built-in Premium 4-channel Class A/B Amplifier
- Optimum Audio Components
- Anti-resonance Dual-Layer Chassis
- Sound Customization
- High-Definition Display
- 10.1-inch Gapless Anti-glare Capacitive Touchscreen
- HD Graphical User Interface
- “Floating” Display
- Smart Connectivity
- Wire-Free Smartphone Connectivity
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wireless Android Auto
- Seamless Usability
- USB Type-C Terminals
- Quick Wake Up
- Rear View Camera Ready with Adjustable Parking Guidelines
- iDatalink Maestro Compatible
- Enhanced 5V 3-pre Out Connectivity