Press Release (UNEDITED): AUBURN HILLS, MI– Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is now shipping the PSS-SX01 Weather-Resistant Side-by-Side Sound System. With the included Bluetooth® Adaptor, drivers can stream music directly from their smartphone.
Alpine in the Side-by-Side
Having established a relationship with the music-loving active weekender through their vehicle specific solutions, Alpine saw a need for a premium solution in the Side-by-Side market. From the backroads to the dunes, Side-by-Side owners are known for customizing their ride with exciting solutions built to perform in any driving condition.
Now Alpine seeks to bring an uninterrupted music experience to the Side-by-Side with a complete, weather-resistant sound system that includes two premium, ruggedized enclosures with 6.5-inch speakers with grilles, 1-inch teteron dome tweeters, one 4-channel amplifier, and a Bluetooth® Adaptor. With a universal folding-style clamp, the PSS-SX01 fits 1.5-inch – 2-inch rails on a variety of Polaris, Honda, Kawasaki, Can-Am, and Yamaha Side-by-Sides
Premium Sound on the Road
Without doors, windows, or a roof, music details are often lost to wind and engine noise that occur while driving. The PSS-SX01 is designed to deliver a premium sound experience on the road.
The tweeters capture the high frequencies of music, for clarity even when driving. The 90-watt speakers project powerful sound powered by a 4-channel amplifier that utilizes Alpine’s Exclusive Dynamic Peak Power (DPP) during power-hungry musical passages.
Music that Moves with You
The PSS-SX01 takes the Side-by-Side beyond utility with an included Bluetooth® Adaptor that can stream music directly through a smartphone without a radio or head unit source. Now drivers can enjoy their music while taking their Side-by-Side on an adventure, no matter where it is.
The weather-resistant sound system is built to withstand all the elements. The speakers are made from rugged, durable fiberglass, finished in a matt black coating that replicates the look of the Side-by-Side. The included clamps are durable and are attached to a rotating aluminum base coated for protection against the elements and adjustable up to 90-degrees for an optimal listening position. The speakers come with a weather-resistant plug for wiring. Additional wires, like power or speaker wire extensions to the amplifier, may be necessary for installation.
The PSS-SX01 is now shipping for $999.95 and will be available at Alpine Authorized retailers or online at www.alpine-usa.com through Crutchfield. Installation options can be found on the Alpine-USA website through the store locator.
- Enclosed 6.5” 2-Way Speakers
- 1” Teteron Dome Tweeter
- Rated IP55 Weather-Resistant
- Steel Frame
- 90W RMS
- 225W Peak Power Handling
- Nominal Impedance 4Ω
- 50-22kHz Frequency Response
- Material: Santoprene
- 25mm voice coil
- Alpine’s Class D Amplifier with Dynamic Peak Power (DPP)
- 4-Channel Power Pack Amplifier
- Rated IP66 Weather-Resistant
- CTA-2006-B Compliant
- 75W RMS x 4 (2Ω/4Ω, 14.4V, 1% THD+N)
- 150W DPP x 4 (2Ω/4Ω, 14.4V, 1% THD+N)
- Amplifier 2ch/4ch input (selectable)
- 85dB S/N (ref. 1W into 4Ω)
- >0.01% THD (ref. 1W into 4Ω)
- 20-20kHz Frequency response (+/- 1dB)
- Speaker/RCA inputs (Selectable, High range=0.5-10V, Low range=0.2-4V)
- Sound Control: Crossovers: Off/Hp/Lp, Fc=50-400Hz @ -12dB/Oct. (variable) Input gain settings (variable); 2ch/4ch input (selectable)
- 12V Weather-Resistant Bluetooth® Adaptor
- Complete Wireless Connections Bluetooth® 4.0
- Built-In Line Driver for 3x Voltage Output
- Music Signal Remote Trigger Output
- ASA 978 B+ Fiberglass
- Pro-Style Folding Style Clamp that will fit 1.5-inch – 2-inch Rails
- Rotating Coated Aluminum Base
- 90-Degree Plug with 20AWG Pigtail
- Rated IP65 Weather-Resistant
*Additional speaker and power wire may be required for installation.