AAMP Global’s first car radio, an 8-inch model with a floating screen, is now available to all Stinger dealers, following a limited launch earlier this year.
Called the ELEV8, its chassis can mount at a distance from the capacitive screen with the use of extension cables for flexible installations.
But Stinger said an “even more flexible” version of the radio will be offered this summer. And other models may follow.
The ELEV8 includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto at a minimum advertised price of $699.
In the future, AAMP may offer PAC kits for mounting the ELEV8 in specific vehicles such as the Jeep Wrangler JL.
AAMP says one of the unusual features of the ELEV8 is its variable optical output. It gives you an optical TOSLINK output for a noise-free digital signal, and still allows the radio volume knob to control the audio volume (some TOSLINK connections require a separate volume knob).
AAMP said it entered the radio market as more cars now pose integration challenges and the company has integration expertise through its PAC accessories.
AAMP’s Jason Denton added that newer cars from Honda and Nissan as well as German cars now have a screen similar to the ELEV8. “If you’re the owner of one of those vehicles and your husband or wife has an older Accord, you will want this style radio in that vehicle.”
The radio was released under the Stinger brand, as it is a consumer-facing brand of AAMP (where PAC is aimed at installers).
ELEV8 features include:
- 8” 1024×600 HD Digital Capacitive Touchscreen with 16.7M colors
- Apple CarPlay
- Google Android Auto
- SiriusXM- Ready with Replay
- AM/FM Radio – PTR/RT information
- 4V 6-Channel RCA outputs with subwoofer control
- TOSLINK Variable Audio output
- 15 band EQ with 3 user presets for each audio source
- 1 HDMI input
- 2 USB rear inputs – 1.5amp output each
- Handsfree Bluetooth 4.2 A2DP with aptX
- Optional built-in (SD card) iGO navigation
- 4 camera video inputs with wired triggers
- Mic Audio Input from rear camera
- Hardwired remote control ready (Steering Wheel Controls)
- Customizable startup screens
- Remote mountable single DIN chassis (extension cables sold separately)