Press Release (unedited) HOLLY HILL, FL– Metra Electronics announces new TouchTronix™ technology for radio replacement dash kits with integrated electronics launching at CES 2019. TouchTronix is a new kit series with a combination of Metra’s interfacing technology to retain the factory climate control features and sleek laser etched hard buttons. Fan speed and mode are shown on a custom fitted, painted and laser etched plastic kit with PCB driven LED lighting. The kits provide an upgraded look while still maintaining the intended factory style of the vehicle. Metra will debut three new TouchTronix products at CES with two additional prototypes.
TurboTactile™ is another line of kits from Metra with integrated electronics and built-in interfacing. Compared to TouchTronix, TurboTactile features rotary knobs with LCD status displays for climate controls and more vehicle integrations. Turbo2® Kits are the lighter version of the electronic kits from Metra, which include audio and stereo wheel interfacing. TurboKits® are plastic dashboard parts with no electronic components and new products for this line will be announced on January 8 at CES. All of Metra’s kits are proudly made in the U.S. using high-quality ABS plastic and engineered to provide a perfect fit.
For Metra’s kits with integrated electronics, part numbers and vehicle applications are below, with up-to-date, vehicle specific information and additional specifications available at MetraOnline.com and booth #5211 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center on January 8.
New TouchTronix™ Kits:
Integrated electronics with laser etched graphics retain the factory climate control display features. Includes ASWC-1 to retain the factory steering wheel controls. Retains factory backup camera if equipped.
- 99-7388HG fits Kia Soul 2014-Up* (with factory NAV) Single-DIN and Double-DIN radios
- 99-7389B fits Kia Sportage 2017-Up* (non-NAV display radio) Single-DIN and Double-DIN radios
- 99-3028S fits Chevrolet Camaro 2010-2015, Double or Single-DIN radios with pocket
New TurboTactile Kits:
Features rotary knobs with an LCD climate control status display and hard buttons. The built-in interface retains most of the key functions and personalization features, which will vary by vehicle. Fits Singe-DIN and Double-DIN radios for models with single-zone climate controls.
- 99-5849CH fits Ford F-150 2015-2017
- 99-5852CH fits Ford Explorer 2011-2015
- 99-5853CH fits Ford Mustang 2010-2014
- 99-5854B fits Ford Fusion 2015-2017
- 99-5855CH fits Ford Edge 2011-2014
New Turbo2 Kits:
All audio and stereo wheel interfacing is included, in addition to the antenna adapter for an all-in-one complete kit. These new kits are designed for Double-DIN radios only.
- 95-9317B fits BMW 3 & 4 Series (F30-F36) 2012-2016 (without amp)
- 95-9318B: BMW 3 & 4 Series (F30) 2012-2016 (with MOST® amp)
- 95-9319B: BMW 2 Series (F22/F23) 2014-2016 (without amp)
- 95-9320B: BMW 2 Series (F22/F23) 2014-2016 (with MOST® amp)
- 95-9321B: BMW X5 (E70) 2007-2013 (with iDrive/without amp)
- 95-9322B: BMW X5 (E70) 2007-2013 (with MOST® amp)
- 95-9323B: BMW X1 2013-2015
- 95-9324B: BMW X3 (E83) 2004-2010
- 95-9405B: Land Rover LR4 2010-2016 (with 4.2″ or 7″ screen)
About Metra Electronics®
At Metra, 12 volt installation and integration is our passion. We strive to continuously offer the highest quality products to meet the fluctuating technological challenges of the automotive world. We actively listen to our customers’ requests and invest resources into developing the highest quality dash kit and harness solutions. We make more dash kits for the most vehicle applications than anyone else in the world. That’s why we’ve been known as “The Installer’s Choice” ® for