JL Audio has updated its TuN, car audio tuning software so that it now works with JL Audio FiX OEM integration devices. Previously, the TuN worked only with JL Audio TwK system tuning processors.
The new TuN lets you view the OEM input signal frequency response and then also view the corrected signal (from the FiX). “So if there’s an issue with calibration you are not blind to it. You can look at the graphs in the software and determine what’s going on,” said VP Marketing Manville Smith. “It shows each input signal frequency response and superimposes the summed and corrected output response resulting from the FiX.”
The new TuN also adds more capability to TwK processors.
See the full press announcement below:
Miramar, FL—March 23, 2017‑—JL Audio, an innovator in high-end audio solutions, has released a software update to its popular DSP tuning software for the PC platform. The latest release, TüN™ 2.0, now adds support for JL Audio’s FiX™ 82 and FiX™ 86 OEM integration DSPs, while also offering enhanced functionality with TwK-88 and TwK-D8 System Tuning DSPs.
JL Audio’s VP-Marketing, Manville Smith said: “This new release of the TüN™ software demonstrates our commitment to further developing the capabilities of our DSP products. The new functionality with FiX™ products is a big leap forward in OEM integration, giving installers a powerful diagnostic and setup tool. The best part is that all the FiX™ hardware we’ve already sold into the field can be updated for use with the new TüN 2.0. “
The FREE software update is available at www.jlaudio.com/tun
TüN 2.0 release highlights include:
With FiX™ OEM Integration DSPs:
FiX-82 and FiX-86 users can now visualize, measure and correct OEM audio signals (before and after), and also adjust new FiX output equalizer features.
- Clear graphical displays of OEM input frequency response eliminate the need for other test equipment to troubleshoot calibration and signal issues.
- The frequency response of the summed and corrected output signals is also displayed to verify summing and correction performance.
- Click to mute any OEM input(s) for troubleshooting and calibration optimization.
- Instantly reverse the polarity of any input right from your laptop, correcting wiring errors with just a single click.
- Initiate new calibrations from your laptop, without directly accessing the FiX™ hardware.
- Defeat/Engage Delay Correction… a great tool for demos!
- 10-bands of user-defined Graphic EQ on each full-range output signal. Now you can EQ the system, after performing an OEM correction calibration to adjust for car acoustics and listener taste.
- FiX™ 86 only: Apply high-pass filtering to the front and rear output signals. Creates a bandpass channel when used in conjunction with an amplifier’s low-pass filter, allowing you to build 3-way active systems with any JL Audio full-range or system amplifier.
With TwK™ System Tuning DSPs
Enhancements include scalable windows, drag-to-select multiple EQ bands, simplified delay controls, and much more.
- Three available Project Levels: Basic, Advanced and Expert
- Preset Management: create and manage up to ten presets within each project, plus a Valet preset.
- Input and Output Channel labeling: alphanumeric entry allows you to name every input and output, for easy reference.
- Input Sensitivity for analog inputs (TwK™ 88 only): set your analog input levels for minimum noise and maximum clean level.
- Input Routing and Mixing: gives you full control over polarity and relative level, allowing for the creation of specialized channels, such as center channels and ambient rear channels.
- Eight EQ banks can be operated as eight 10-band graphic EQs or as eight incredibly powerful 10-band, fully parametric EQs, which can be flexibly assigned to multiple output channels or to a single output channel
- High Pass and Low Pass Filters: precisely control the bandwidth for each of the output channels with a choice of 6, 12, 18, 24 or 48 dB/octave slopes.
- Simplified Distance, Delay and Polarity controls: these simple-to-use tools help compensate for speaker distance and improve crossover performance and/or imaging and staging.
- DRC Setup: configures the included wired controller, just the way you want it.
- Signal Levels: allow you to fine tune the relative level of all channels in 0.1 dB increments.
Additional information on TüN™ for use with TwK™ click here: TüN™ Software Overview for TwK™.
Minimum PC Requirements: OS: Windows 7 SP1/Win 8.1/Win 10; 32 bit or 64 bit.
Screen Resolution: 1280 x 768, CPU: 1GHz, RAM: 1GB for 32 bit, 2GB for 64 bit, Disk: 256MB free space.
Communication: USB Port (1.0 – 3.0)
TüN™ Software is compatible with JL Audio Processors only.
About JL AUDIO– Guided by a philosophy that great audio has real value,
JL Audio develops innovative products that improve the audio experience on the go, in the home, and in the studio. Committed to unique engineering and quality manufacturing, JL Audio operates three U.S. engineering facilities, and builds many of its home, car and marine loudspeaker products at the company’s Miramar, Florida, USA factory, with components sourced from the company’s global supply network. For more information, visit jlaudio.com or follow the company on Facebook or Twitter.