PAC, (AAMP Global) introduced a new series of integration modules for upgrading the original radio in select Ford, Chrysler and Volkswagen vehicles.
The new PAC modules let drivers add features to the existing radio including turn by turn navigation and HDMI connectivity for smartphone mirroring. They also add a backup input and other features.
New modules include the Ford FIT-FD11, Chrysler FIT-CH11, and Volkswagen DB-VWSERIESHD. They integrate into the car without any cutting, splicing or programming.
“We’re taking popular vehicles equipped with large touch screens and expanding their capabilities,” said AAMP’s Brett Riggs. “Within minutes, our retailers will be able to give their customers advanced navigation, smartphone connectivity via HDMI input, and the convenience and safety associated with a reverse camera.”
The FIT-FD11, FIT-CH11 and DB-VWSERIESHD upgrade kits include:
- iGO Primo NextGen Navigation: The modules offer the latest mapping information from iGO Primo NextGen with turn-by-turn route guidance to virtually any destination in the country. It includes more than 17 million points of interest (US/Canada), 3D building and topography view modes, and 2D/3D/Smart zoom features for easy to follow graphics
- HDMI Connectivity: Each system lets users connect a smartphone or other device equipped with an HDMI output for mirroring content directly onto the factory display (while parked)
- Reverse Camera Input: For safety and convenience, the module includes a reverse camera input, compatible with most aftermarket back-up cameras available today. Users will be able to view images from a connected back-up camera (sold separately) when the vehicle is shifted into reverse
- OE Back-up Camera Retention: The system is also designed to retain the factory back-up camera (when equipped) without any changes to the feature
- USB Charging: The integrated USB connection supplies the necessary power to let users charge their power hungry devices
- System Compatibility:
- Ford vehicles with the SYNC2 MyFord Touch 8-inch system (FIT-FD11)
- Volkswagen vehicles with 5.8-inch touch screens (DB-VWSERIESHD)
- Chrysler vehicles with the Uconnect 8.4-inch touch screens (FIT-CH11)
The FIT-FD11 and FIT-CH11 have suggested retail prices of $1,499.99.
The DB-VWSERIESHD will be available at the end of August at $1,199.99.
Ford FIT-FD11 Applications:
2013-2015 C-Max (8” MyFord Touch screen)
2011-2016 Edge (8” MyFord Touch screen)
2013-2015 Escape (8” MyFord Touch screen)
2011-2016 Explorer (8” MyFord Touch screen)
2011-2016 Flex (8” MyFord Touch screen)
2013-2016 Focus (8” MyFord Touch screen)
2013-2016 F-Series (8” MyFord Touch screen)
2014-2016 Mustang (8” MyFord Touch screen)
2011-2016 Taurus (8” MyFord Touch screen)
Chrysler FIT-CH11 Applications:
2011-2014 Chrysler 300 (Uconnect 8.4-inch Touch screen)
2011-2014 Dodge Charger (Uconnect 8.4-inch Touch screen)
2011-2016 Dodge Journey (Uconnect 8.4-inch Touch screen)
Volkswagen DB-VWSERIES Applications:
2015-2016 Golf/GTI (with 5.8-inch Touch screen)
For more information visit AAMP Global.