Rockford Fosgate announced a remote start from smartphone controller that works with most brands of remote start.
The Rockford-branded autolink smart control module and app is compatible with remote start systems from iDatastart, Fortin and Directed. It allows customers to add smartphone control to a basic remote start system.
The move is part of a concerted push by Rockford to move into remote start and also driver safety products. It announced last week that it will distribute new ADS remote starts. And a year ago, Rockford purchased Crimestopper, which sells remote start products.
Rockford said many consumers who want to control their remote start from a phone fail to do so because of the high price and high residual fees.
Under Rockford’s system, the module/app costs $99 including one year of service. After the first year, consumers can renew for $29/year. Installation is not included.
The downloadable app plus module allows control of a car from anywhere cellular service is available. An integrated GPS locator will show the user where the vehicle is at anytime from anywhere.
Users can only purchase the system from a Rockford retailer.
A complete list of compatible remote starters will be published in September.
Additional features, specs, and pricing include:
- Remote start or stop vehicle’s engine
- Remotely Lock or Unlock vehicle and door lock status
- Locate vehicle via GPS
- Battery voltage status
- Control up to four additional functions from the smartphone such as truck release, heated seats, defrost, windows, and more (functions are dependent upon the remote start system installed in the vehicle)
- For use with multiple brands – autolink works with most digital alarm remote start systems
- Supports IOS and Android
- autolink operates on a nationwide cellular network so user can be virtually anywhere and still control the vehicle
- App control will function when smartphone has a cellular network connection or Wifi Internet connection
- First year is free with autolink purchase
- 1 YR $29
- 2 YR $49
- 3 YR $59
Autolink will be available at Rockford retailers beginning in late September.