Mobile Solutions will hold a master training next month on upscaling the center console. It will feature tablet integration and fabrication, but it will include 9 “superstar” fabricators, installers and car builders.
These superstar installers, including many Mobile Electronics magazine Installers of the Year, will be broken into 3 teams that will each build a center console. Up to 25 students get to work with these teams in rotation so they see several ways that the best in the business approach each project.
The superstars in the training include
* JT Torres (2015 ME-Mag Installer of the Year)
* Tom Miller (2014 ME-Mag Installer of the Year)
* Tracy Weaver (Award winning interior fabricator and trimmer)
* Jeremy Carlson (2012 ME-Mag Installer of the Year)
* Matt Schaeffer (2015 ME-Mag Runner-Up Installer of the Year
* Jeremy Katz (Industry Expert, Master Fabricator and Technician)
* Gary Bell (Industry Expert, Automotive interior designer)
The four-day training session, we will be held November 14-17.
The course will cover the following:
- Time saving drawing and design techniques – Not an artist? Don’t worry. Learn how to draw 2D and 3D sketches in minutes.
- Advanced fiberglass techniques including design and construction of 3-dimensional fiberglass panels.
- In-depth router inlays to provide a canvas for multiple materials and layering – the 3D look.
- Create brilliant aluminum inserts quickly and easily, including different surface finish treatments.
- Comprehensive upholstery techniques including stitching with an industrial Juki sewing machine. Learn the secrets on how to cover difficult panels with leather, vinyl and other materials, including the latest stitching and wrapping secrets. Never use a staple gun again.
- Design and modification of an OEM panel to create pressed snap-in (factory-like) grilles. This process will open you up to profitable modifications on all modern cars without complete door panel reconstruction.
- We will also completely reconstruct several OEM panels from start to finish. You will see every step firsthand, from the concept drawing through final upholstery.
- Take home student project that incorporates techniques learned in the class.
For more information visit www.mobilesolutions-usa.com