Wet Sounds is looking for a self-driven, skilled and accountable individual to produce, and manage innovation, engineering, and designs of Marine and Power Sports products with our development team. The Senior Product Engineer will be involved in the development cycle from feasibility, simulation, design, prototyping, and into production ramp up. They will also be involved with our quality control team to ensure long term success with the project.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as part of the Engineering group, designing and developing new products and supporting existing products.
- Architect and develop designs for new products as required by development team
- Own engineering activities throughout the product lifecycle: from definition, feasibility, design, and production, to continuous improvements.
- Review BOM cost projections.
- Define and approve layouts, build and modify prototypes, test and validate designs and facilitate engineering design reviews.
- Create technical specifications and requirement documents. Use best engineering practices and approaches to solve design and manufacturing challenges. Verify and validate design elements for operation robustness and manufacturability.
- Create product development test plans and procedures. Debug engineering prototypes as per test plans and procedures.
- Source and qualify new and alternate parts.
- Document all aspects of designs. Understand total costs of design solutions.
- Co-ordinates, performs and resolves agency test requirements.
- Support new product introductions onsite at contract manufacturers as required.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
- Good working knowledge of CAD is required.
- Audio design experience.
- MS Word and Excel
- Soldering/ circuit modification skills and good troubleshooting skills.
- Experience using databases to create and maintain BOM’s
- Excellent analytical skills for problem solving and decision making are required for this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BSEE, MSEE or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience specifically in audio electronics design, development and manufacturing.
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in Mandarin desired.
- This position is based in Houston, Texas.
- This position may occasionally require domestic or international travel
- Able to occasionally work outside of typical work hours.
Wet Sounds offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, PTO, short-term/long-term disability.
Please email resumes to [email protected]