VOXX Electronics said updates to its original CarLink wireless service are now available for purchase. The CarLink car tracking/convenience service now adds:
– Automatic Crash SOS will call a response call center automatically when the vehicle detects that a severe crash has occurred
– Emergency Roadside Assistance provides access to an Emergency Call Center running 24/7 to help you if you break-down, run out of gas, or get a flat tire.
– Stolen Vehicle Assistance can allow you to share the vehicle location with the police to help recover your vehicle in the event of theft
– Remote Start & Access provides users with the ability to add Security and Remote Start, letting you control your vehicle through a smartphone application or computer to unlock, lock or start your vehicle (requires the purchase of a VOXX Electronics Security and/or Remote Start modules)
– Emergency Response will allow you to call a 24/7 Emergency Response call center from your Smartphone when in the vehicle
– Safe Driver includes a Driver Distraction text blocking service app to reduce texting and driving, Safety Zones (Geo-Fencing) for automatic alerts, and Driver Scoring reports to help improve driving habits
– Insurance Discount Program provides a digital connection to 19 major Insurance companies for potential insurance discounts when users opt-in to have their driving data reviewed by a selected, participating carrier
– Vehicle Maintenance Report communicates most major vehicle issues including the check engine light to help reduce your maintenance costs
– Fuel Reports helps to understand how to reduce your fuel costs based on driving habits
CarLink is a 3G device that plugs into the OBD2 port in a car.
The Basic Service Plan includes Remote Start and Access & Insurance Discount Program for a yearly subscription fee of $59.99. The Premium Service Plan includes the Basic Service plan as well as all services listed above for a monthly subscription fee of $9.99 with no contract or activation fee required.
“In-vehicle safety services are common features in today’s newest vehicles, however; there are millions of cars on the road today that are not equipped with these OE-style features as standard equipment. The new CarLink services provide everyone with the ability to enjoy services such as Automatic Crash SOS, Road-side Assistance and Stolen Vehicle Recovery in both older and newer vehicles,” said Dan Murphy, VP of Telematics Solutions, VOXX Electronics.