Distributor DOW Electronics is expanding its mix of car audio products and investing more deeply in the category, it announced.
“For over 30 years we have proudly supplied our 12 volt customers with the best in products from Sony Mobile and SiriusXM Radio,” said John Yodzis, Executive Vice President. “As we evaluated our past success and analyzed our future business model, we saw an opportunity to evolve the products and expertise we provide to the 12 volt dealer base.”
The company has also expanded its car audio sales and support team, which now includes 4 members.
Audiovox products carried by DOW include driver safety and assistance products and iPad accessories.
The car audio sales and support team includes:
- Brad Livingston:
- 17+ years of industry experience with retail, distribution, manufacturing rep., and Fortune 500 manufacturers
- Jeremy Doran:
- 17+ years professional installation experience
- MECP Certified, Graduate of Mobile Dynamics, Attended R.T.T.I Top Gun School
- Mike Eckley:
- 21+ years of industry experience with R & D, demo car fabrication, manufacturing rep, and training
- R.T.T.I Instructor, MECP Master Certified, Sony Tech Team Member
- Eric Johnson:
- 23+ years of industry experience with installation, retail, and manufacturing rep.
- Sony Tech Team Member
DOW is based in Tampa, FL and claims to be one of the largest independently owned distributors for the Southeast. It has 14 locations serving Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Its product areas include car and marine audio/video, security/surveillance, satellite broadband, consumer electronics, satellite TV and VoIP.
Source: DOW Electronics