Magellan announced 5 new portable navigation device (PND) models that include standout features such as a safe texting mode that lets drivers respond to incoming phone calls with a pre-written text message.
The new features is on two Magellan models. The pre-formatted text message can tell the caller that that you are driving and will call back later or the text can include your present location and estimated time of arrival. The units also include Bluetooth handsfree calling.
Two models are also compatible with a wireless backup camera ($149.99) and several models feature a portrait mode. This allows users to see expanded roadway details about what’s ahead (in portrait) or what’s around them (in landscape mode).
All 5 models include lifetime traffic and map updates. They also feature traffic camera alerts, landmark and junction views and AAA Tourbook info.
The models below will ship in September at suggested retail prices from $159.99 to $199.99.
• RoadMate 2240T-LM – 4.3 inch with Portrait Mode
• RoadMate 2255T-LMB – 4.3 inch with Bluetooth Safe Texting and Portrait Mode
• RoadMate 5240T-LM – 5.0 inch with Portrait Mode
• RoadMate 5255T-LM – 5.0 inch with Wireless Back-Up Camera Compatibility and Portrait Mode
• RoadMate 5265T-LMB – 5.0 inch with Bluetooth Safe Texting, Wireless Back-Up Camera Compatibility and Portrait Mode