CompuStar (Firstech) is shipping the Drone II second generation remote starter than is controlled by your smartphone.
The new version at $349 is a telematics module and remote starter combined (an industry first, says CompuStar). It also has built in RF functions, eliminating the need for extra hardware on many car models (but you still may need a bypass module).
The Drone II has antenna inputs so that when combined with CompuStar’s FT-EZGO , you get keyless entry. Another upgrade is that the app for Drone II is now optimized for tablets as well as phones.
Other features of the new Drone:
• 1/3 the size of the original Drone
• Improved mounting tabs
• Non-directional internal antennas
• Optional external antennas (GPS & Cell)
• Service is available in a basic or a premium plan
• Remote Start built-in. Just add a bypass to the DR-2000 for a complete remote start solution
• Sell as a stand-alone keyless entry, trunk release and GPS tracking solution (hardwire harness required)
• 1-year complimentary service included with every activation
Source: CompuStar by Firstech