SANTA CLARA, CA–Magellan GPS announced that it will release additional features and accessories for the Magellan RoadMate Pro 9165T that will provide RV drivers even more flexibility and convenience as they travel.
An in-vehicle GPS designed specifically for RV owners, the RoadMate Pro 9165T features a Magellan-first, extra-large 7″ touchscreen display for easier, safer viewing in large cab vehicles like RVs. It also includes an integrated Good Sam / Trailer Life Directory with detailed information about Good Sam certified RV campgrounds, RV service and park locations.
Drivers can become familiar with their route before driving it, and customize routes based on the size and demands of their large vehicle or RV.
The new features include:
• Additional information regarding Good Sam campgrounds, (e.g. maximum stay, last year’s rate, sewer hookup, full hookup, etc.).
• Customization by RV vehicle type, such as class A, B, C, Truck camper and more.
• Performance enhancements to shorten route re-calculation times.
The new accessories will include a back-up camera, dual VPA adapter slots and USB combo vehicle power adapter, an extended cord vehicle power adaptor, a 12-volt hardware kit, a secure RAM mount, and a leather case.
The RoadMate Pro 9165T will continue to offer its trademark features, including:
• Extra-large, high definition WVGA 7″ touchscreen display with extension mount
• Hands-free calling and turn-by-turn spoken directions to help drivers keep their eyes on the road
• Customizable OneTouch® Favorites Menu with instant access to favorite destinations and searches
• Large vehicle/RV settings and route adjustments based on vehicle height, width, length and weight.
• Audio/video input to display external video or connect to the Magellan Back-up Camera.
• Magellan’s Lifetime Traffic Alert service, which helps drivers avoid traffic congestion, construction and hazards along the way.
• Route Preference features to enable drivers to identify and avoid toll roads and freeways and stay aware of height or weight restrictions along their routes.
“The new features and accessories of the RoadMate Pro 9165T are aimed at making travel for RV drivers safer, easier and more enjoyable,” said Sunnie Tsai, Director of Product Marketing, Enterprise Group at Magellan. “The RoadMate Pro was already designed with RVers in mind, but with added customizability, more complete campground information and many useful accessories, it’s the ultimate navigation tool for drivers of RVs and other large vehicles.”
About MiTAC Digital Corporation
MiTAC Digital Corp. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MiTAC International Corporation and promotes and sells products and services under the Magellan brand name. Magellan assists people to travel, work and play with leading portable navigation and positioning solutions across multiple consumer markets. Recognized as an industry innovator, the company is the producer of the award-winning Magellan RoadMate series portable car navigation, Outdoor and Mobile navigation devices. MiTAC Digital Corp. is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. For more information on Magellan, visit http://www.magellangps.com.