Libertyville, IL – Hifonics introduced a new Colossus Classic amplifier line in a classic amplifier size.
The series uses a Super D-Class design but with a classic heat sink for richer sound.
Users can control the Colossus Classic amplifier with a built-in/variable crossover to tailor specific frequencies to speakers and subwoofers and obtain variable bass boost up to +10dB with the bass equalizer (4-channel amplifiers only).
A Super D-Class design utilizes high-speed microprocessors with proprietary D/A conversion algorithms – resulting in lower distortion playback, upping audio performance to Colossus standards of sound.
Additionally – an extruded aluminum heat sink design minimizes heat buildup on Ultra-Fi™ output devices.
- Low Noise Preamplifier Circuit – Maximum low voltage signal from the source unit comes into the amplifier circuit with minimal distortion.
- RCA Inputs – Tiffany-style nickel-plated RCA jacks create the most efficient High/Low-Level audio connection and resist corrosion.
- Built-In / Variable Crossover – Control the amplifier output with on-board electronic crossover to tailor specific frequencies to speakers and subwoofers.
- (Mono Classic amplifiers) Bass Equalizer – Dial in the perfect bass performance by setting bass width and sweep on the mono amplifier’s control panel – allowing you to fine-tune the frequency range and bass level output to your desired listening tastes.
- (4-channel Classic amplifiers) Bass Equalizer – Variable bass boost up to +10dB.
- Class / Topology – Super D-Class™ design utilizes high-speed microprocessors with proprietary D/A conversion algorithms to efficiently control current consumption. Hifonics amplifiers with Super D-Class circuitry result in lower distortion, higher current efficiencies, and less heat than conventional D-Class amplifier designs.
- Output Device Technology – Ultra-Fi™ MOSFET is designed for high output with high efficiency for cooling and minimal distortion.
- Heat Sink – Extruded aluminum heat sink design to minimize heat buildup on Ultra-Fi™ output devices.
Full line details are available on the Hifonics website at https://hifonics.com/.