Wet Sounds released what it calls the largest marine tower speakers in the industry, measuring in at 12-inches.
The new mid-bass woofers each weigh 20 pounds and handle 400 watts/800 peak at a retail price of $1,980 in either black or white. Optional grilles run $150 to $240.
The horn-loaded, compression driver speakers, called the REV 12 HD, use a new driver from Wet Sounds with proprietary materials. They have a frequency response of 58Hz to 20kHz at 4 ohms and a sensitivity of 91dB @1 watt/meter. Wet Sounds President Tim White said the speakers achieve “unprecedented volume.”
Other features of the REV 12 HD include:
- Integrated Front & Rear RGB LED Rings
- Rotatable RGB backlit logo
- Rotatable Grille mounting
- Advanced Composite enclosure built for the harsh marine environment
- 1000-hour UV resistance (ASTM-D4587)
- Salt Spray Resistance (ASTM-B117)
- Stainless Steel Hardware
- Sold in Pairs
- 3 Grille Styles Available in Black or White including the all new XZ style grille
- Utilizing Wet Sounds Patented TC3 Clamps (Swivel) “USA Patent 8,568,162” & New X-Mount
Wet Sounds has been building horn-loaded compression driver tower speakers for the past 16 years, said White.
For more information on the new tower speakers click here.