Alpine Electronics of America is now shipping two new Hi-Res Halo floating screen receivers: the iLX-F511 11-inch radio and the iLX-F509 9-inch model.
Both feature Hi-Res Audio and a Hi Res screen. They are capable of audio playback at 96kHz/24Bit and they include a WXGA High-Resolution Display (1280x720px).
Both floating radios allow wireless CarPlay and wireless Android Auto. They are mechless (no CD or DVD player) but they include an HDMI input that can connect to a DVD player or smartphone.
The models offer a new pressure tile mechanism for more flexibility when positioning the angle of the screen for better access to HVAC and other dash controls.
The iLX-F511 and the iLX-F509 can work with an optional iDatalink Maestro module to retain radio control over factory features.
The decks have two camera inputs for front, side, or rear view cameras (sold separately). The rear view camera includes a distance guide when backing up.
The new decks work with a new optional Halo Subwoofer Controller that mounts to the display, RUX-H02 that also controls volume.
Other features on the new decks include SiriusXM capability, HD Radio, 13-band parametric EQ per channel and 6-channel time correction for staging.
As many other manufacturers, Alpine has raised the price of the receivers. The iLX-F511 and iLX-F509 carry price tags of $1399.95 and $1199.95 respectively, up from $1199.95 and $999.95, as originally announced in January.
- 11-inch (iLX-F511) and 9-inch (iLX-F509) WXGA High Resolution Display (1280x720px)
- Tapered display housing and silver trim for a clean, modernized fit and finish
- Floating style display with adjustable height, depth, and angle mounting bracket
- Standard 1-DIN chassis designed to fit aftermarket ISO DIN dash kits for various vehicle applications
- Hi-Res Audio Playback
- Works with Apple CarPlay® (wireless and wired)
- The Google Assistant is available on Android Auto™ (wireless and wired)
- Bluetooth® built-in for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- SiriusXM-Ready® (SXV-300G2 2018-Up Connect Vehicle Tuner Kit sold separately; SiriusXM subscription required)
- Built-in HD Radio®
- HDMI Input and Output
- AV Aux Input
- Dual USB Input
- iDatalink® Maestro Connectivity
- DVR-C320R Alpine Dash Camera Compatible (camera sold separately)
- Media Xpander®
- MP3/WMA/AAC/FLAC/APE music playback via USB
- H.264/MPEG-4/ AVC/MP4/MOV/FLV video playback via USB
- JPG/PNG/BMP USB photo viewer
- Front/Rear camera inputs with distance guide display
- KCX-C2600B Universal Front and Rear Camera Selector ready
- Steering wheel remote control ready
- External microphone included
- Built-in amplifier (18-watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- 3 Pairs of preouts (True 4V)
- 13-band parametric EQ (per channel)
- 6-channel time correction
- 24-bit DAC
- High pass crossover/low pass crossover: Front/Rear/Subwoofer
- CTA-2006 compliant