Press Release (UNEDITED): Holly Hill, FL– Metra Electronics® is now shipping a new dual battery kit and battery busbar kit from its Metra PowerSports® product line. These kits help installers adding a second battery on a UTV to manage the power distribution of additional equipment, lighting, or audio accessories, without draining the primary starting battery. These two new products complement Metra’s popular AGM powersports batteries from its Shuriken® brand.
The MPS-DUALBTKIT is a dual battery kit compatible with multiple types of off-road vehicles, used to add a second battery to a UTV or ATV. Its 80-amp smart battery isolator will automatically charge the battery to protect it from being drained. It includes a dual battery voltage meter, LED indicator, and Carling®-style knockout for the dashboard. To complete the installation, 2 feet of red and black 6 AWG power wire with 5/16-inch ring terminals are included, along with zip-ties, accessory wires, and mounting hardware. The powersports AGM battery is sold separately but also available through Metra’s Shuriken line.
MPS-DUALBTKIT Product Specifications
- Complete kit for installing a second powersports battery
- Compatible with multiple types of off-road vehicles
- Smart battery isolator charges automatically to protect the battery
- 80-amp smart battery isolator
- Dual battery voltage meter, LED indicator, Carling®-style knockout
- 24″ red and black 6 AWG power wire with 5/16″ ring terminals
- Universal battery strap
- Zip-ties, accessory wires, and mounting hardware
For power distribution, the MPS-BUSBARKIT is a 4-post mountable battery busbar kit designed for UTVs or ATVs. Power and ground wiring are included with protective sleeving, specialized zip-ties, terminal covers, a 200-amp 6 AWG inline circuit breaker, and 9 feet of red and black 6 AWG oxygen-free tinned copper wire. This system is used to distribute power to aftermarket equipment, lighting, or audio accessories from the battery, and is designed for the demands of harsh environments.
MPS-BUSBARKIT Product Specifications:
- Power distribution busbar for UTVs or ATVs
- 4-stud mountable busbar
- Oxygen-free tinned copper power wire
- 200-amp 6 AWG inline circuit breaker
- 9’ red and black 6 AWG UL1426 power and ground wiring
- Protective wire sleeving, positive terminal cover, and specialized zip-ties