As digital signal processors (DSP) gain in popularity, Metra is shipping a water resistant mini DSP suited to motorcycles, powersports vehicles, and boats.
The Axxess AXDSPL-WR offers 4 inputs and 6 outputs and it can double as a head unit if you add a wireless streaming interface.
The new water resistant DSP Lite has an automated set up for various vehicles. It mounts via zip ties (included) and can be used with both OEM and aftermarket radios. Users can adjust settings from a smartphone.
The AXDSPL-WR retains Sync and OnStar voice prompts.
Additional features include:
- 15 Band graphic EQ
- Independent equalization for front, rear, and sub
- Independent crossover for front, rear, and sub
- Selectable slope (12, 24, 36, or 48db per octave)
- Front and rear channels can be delayed independently up to 10ms
- Easy behind the radio installation in most application
Suggested retail price is $363.
Metra also announced it is shipping two new plug-n-play packages for its AXDSP-X and five new packages for its AXDSP-L “Lite” models.
Plug-N-Play AXDSP-X Packages
Plug-N-Play AXDSP-L Packages
- AXDSPL-MZ1: Fits Mazda 2010-up*
- AXDSPL-NI2: Fits Nissan 2010-up*
- AXDSPL-GL9: Fits GM 2014-2020
- AXDSPL-HN3: Fits Honda 2016-up* (Accord, Civic, and CRV)
- AXDSPL-VW1: Fits Volkswagen 2011-2014
(excluding models equipped with a Fender® Premium Audio system)
Personalization Interface for Mazda
Axxess has a new interface that will retain most of the vehicle personalization settings that would otherwise be lost when replacing the factory radio in select Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 models. The AXBT-MZ2 uses short-range wireless technology to allow the driver to adjust and control settings from a smartphone app that were previously controlled from the factory screen. It fits the following Mazda models:
- CX-5 2013-2015 (with full-color LCD screen)
- CX-9 2007-2012 (with full-color LCD screen)
- CX-9 2013-2015 (with full-color LCD screen)
- CX-9 2007-2012 (with full-color LCD screen and NAV)