AAMP Global’s Stinger brand is shipping its first marine deck.
The new SPXM1 has a 2.7-inch full color display with LED-backlit buttons for viewing even when wearing polarized sunglasses. It is designed for both marine and off-road use with an IPX6-rated optical bonded front panel.
The media player (no CD/DVD) has built-in high-power at 45 x 4 watts with an onboard equalizer with 8 presets, and subwoofer-level control. It can be expanded and controlled with the onboard front and selectable rear/subwoofer RCA outputs. It offers Bluetooth, a global AM/FM weather-tuner, USB input for MP3/WMA/WAV files or a wired AUX RCA input.
Users can keep an eye on the wakeboarder behind the boat or an ATV riding behind you through the onboard video input with an optional camera.
The SPXM1 may control several accessories with the SwitchHUB, Stinger’s 4-channel 100 amp solid-state relay. It allows up to four accessories with SwitchHUB’s four independent outputs; one 40A and three 20A outputs, for a combined total of 100A continuous. The SPXM1 screen can then turn the added devices on and off and display their status all at once.
SPXM1 key features include:
- 2.7-inch color display with LED-backlit buttons for easy viewing in any lighting setting
- Selectable day or night modes
- Built-in Bluetooth® for music streaming
- Other media sources such as global AM/FM weather-tuner, USB input for MP3/WMA/WAV files or a wired AUX RCA input
- Camera input with external trigger
- Water-resistant front panel (IPX-6 rating) for withstanding harsh outdoor elements
- Two-piece mounting system to secure the panel to the mounting surface
- Built-in 25 watts x 4 power amplifier (45W peak x 4)
- Rear AUX input
- 4-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front and selectable rear/sub)
- Easy subwoofer control
- 7-band graphic equalizer with (8) music genre presets
- Memory saver – EEPROM non-volatile memory for retaining your presets and settings in case of a power outage, zero current draw in off-mode
- Selectable high-pass and low-pass crossovers
- Adjustable input gain for each source
- Voltage gauge with low voltage alert