Audio Answer in Waltham, MA (Boston area) has an immediate opening for an experienced and highly motivated 12 volt Installation Technician at our fast-paced, independent retail store. We are a 26 year old company with both retail and dealership clientele. This position is to serve and grow our retail store clientele utilizing the technician’s installation expertise and knowledge of current in-vehicle technologies.
The ideal candidate for the Installation Technician position at Audio Answer is:
- A self-motivated individual with 2+ years of retail 12 volt installation experience.
- An individual with a good understanding of basic audio terminology and how it applies to audio system upgrades and solutions.
- An individual with knowledge of common installation-related parts and accessories required for head unit, speaker and amplifier installations, as well as for remote car starters.
- Able to execute a variety of in-vehicle installations in a timely manner including car audio upgrades/replacements, remote car starters, vehicle safety (ADAS) systems and radar/laser detection.
- Able to maintain an organized and clean workshop for maximum efficiency and being presentable to clientele.
- Someone who shows pride in the detail of their workmanship, including wiring, interior disassembly procedures and documentation of the work completed.
- Someone for whom continued learning and improvement is an ongoing pursuit.
- Someone who genuinely likes the retail environment and interacting with clients.
- Someone with a valid driver’s license and their own transportation.
We value executing high-quality installation work and back it up with consistency in our installation techniques. Candidates for employment at Audio Answer should mirror this philosophy. If you’ve worked in an independent high-volume shop or a large regional (or national) retailer, you’re a great candidate for this position. We’re seeking more a 12 volt technician than a fabricator. We hire for positive attitude, recognize aptitude and offer training opportunities for ongoing growth and improvement. Most importantly, the ideal individual is well-disciplined in their own time management.
About the Audio Answer Installation Technician Position:
- Annual compensation for the Installation Technician position is commensurate with work experience and skillset, both for installation expertise and organizational ability. This is a base salary draw plus 30-50% commission of gross weekly labor, depending on experience. The right candidate could easily earn $70,000/year or more in this role.
- This position reports to directly to the shop owner. No middle-management to limit you.
- You will not have to manage others at this time. With company growth in the installation department, management may become a future opportunity if you wish.
- On-the-job training and more extensive external training opportunities (such as KnowledgeFest, Mobile Solutions, regional distributor events, etc.) are available.
- Five day work week in the Waltham, MA location. Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm.
- All major holidays off.
- 7 days of paid vacation in the first year of employment. 10 days of paid vacation in the second year of employment. 14 days of paid vacation in the third and subsequent years.
- Medical insurance contribution allowance after 90 days.
- Relocation expense allowance available for qualified applicants.
- MECP Basic or Advanced certification is not required, but a plus.
- Technical or Trade School not required, but a plus
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Ideal start date March 2020 or soon after.
About Audio Answer
Audio Answer is a 26 year old growing car and home electronics retailer with a segment of the business also servicing local car dealerships. We sell and install premium 12 volt brands such as Kenwood, Pioneer, Sony, JVC, Hertz-Audison, Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, Escort, K40, NAV-TV, Audiovox Prestige and Compustar, among others. We promote individual solutions to our clientele and work on a variety of vehicles.
About Waltham, MA and the Boston, MA Area
- Part of Middlesex County
- About 13-15 miles from Downtown Boston
- Major Airports – Boston Airport (code: BOS)
- Secondary Airports – Providence, RI (code: PVD) and Manchester, NH (code: MHT)
- Waltham, MA Population – approximately 62,962 (est. 2019)
- 16th largest city in Massachusetts
- Low unemployment rate at 2.3% compared to US average (3.7%) in 2019
- Waltham Median Household Income – $83, 249 (total household, median = 2.33 people)
- Waltham Average Individual Annual Income – $50,444
- Waltham has a 51.5% Home Ownership Rate
- Waltham Median Rent – $1507/mo.
- Waltham Median Resident Age – 34.2 years old
- Major Industries – Educational Services, Health Care, Professional Services, Retail and Manufacturing
How to Apply
Audio Answer retained Ramsey Consulting Group, Inc. to oversee the employment applications and initial phone interview process of applying candidates. Please email your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to [email protected]. Put “Audio Answer Installation Technician” in the subject line, please. Consider your email message a cover letter and please include in that message notable installation, technical and other skills, salary history and requirements, time horizon about when you’re looking to gain new employment and your complete contact information. No in-person visits, phone calls or emails about the position directly to Audio Answer, please. All submissions will be kept confidential.