Cedar Electronics introduced new dashcams for 2020 including an Alexa equipped model under the Cobra SC series. In addition, it is showing at CES two new radar detectors including the Cobra RAD480i, which is Cobra’s most affordable connected radar detector, with 2X the detection range of comparable products, and the Cobra RAD380
All the products connect to the Drive Smarter cloud service that provides community alerts to drivers of speed traps and more. It also stores video from dashcams. This cloud service produces over 100 million driver alerts annually.
The new dashcams include the SC 400 with Alexa voice control. Cobra will use Alexa not only to allow voice access to information and control of home devices but to make it simple to report speed traps, etc to the Drive Smarter cloud, said Venky Rao, Senior Product Director of Mobile Apps and Video at Cedar Electronics. The Alexa dashcam should be available in July.
The new Cobra SC Series include:
• SC 100: Single-view 1080p dash camera, available for $129.95 USD.
• SC 200: Single-view dash camera, available for $159.95 USD. Additional features include Quad HD resolution, Flex-View options and Voice Command.
• SC 201: Dual-view 1080p dash camera, with an infrared technology (IR) interior cabin view camera, available for $199.95 USD.
• SC 400: Single-view dash camera, available for $249.95 USD. Additional features include 4K resolution, 3” Color OLED Touch Screen Display, Flex-View options, Voice command (including Alexa integration) and Infotainment access.
Additionally, Cobra will offer two Flex-View camera options, compatible with the SC 200 and the SC 400 models: the CV1, that captures an interior cabin view of a vehicle in Full HD resolution (1080p) with the help of IR technology, and the RV1, that provides a wide-angle Full HD (1080p) rear-view that can be mounted to monitor the rear, sides or blind-spot areas. Both Flex-View cameras will be available for $79.95 USD each.
Key Features o f the Cobra SC Series :
• High definition video capture with maximum resolutions ranging from Full HD to ultra-crisp leAQHD and 4K
• 3 display types: app only display, 2”,
3” Color LCD and 3” OLED Touch Screen
• GPS capabilities to automatically embed time, speed, mapping detail and route tracking
• Dual Band Wi-Fi to maximize connectivity with connected cars, as well as 3rd party mobile hotspots to enable live remote monitoring and monitoring for driver- or road-triggered events
• Bluetooth connectivity to Drive Smarter community, real time driver alerts and threat database • Voice command capabilities for hands-free operation of key driver alert reporting and camera operation
• Advanced Parking Mode with security alerts for remote monitoring and recording
More information on the Cobra SC Series can be found at Cobra.com/newdash. For details on the Cobra RAD480i and Cobra RAD380, visit Cobra.com/newradar. All products will be available in Summer 2020.
Cobra is exhibiting at CES booth #3526 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center. For more information visit www.cedarelectronics.com.