Cobra announced what it calls the first device of its kind to combine long-range radar detection and a Hi-Def dashcam in a single unit.
The 2-in-1 Cobra Road Scout Elite also alerts drivers of upcoming red light and speed cameras locations (from the Cobra/ESCORT Defender Database).
As a dashcam, the Road Scout Elite provides editable video that automatically shows the location, date and time. The video can help drivers tell their side of the story for insurance claims or incidents, or allow parents of teen drivers to see footage of their teen’s driving behaviors.
As a radar/laser detector it has filtering to protect against false alerts.
The device can be installed by the driver. It includes a WiFi transmitter to send video to a smartphone for easy viewing. Users can also connect to a WiFi hotspot for automatic in-vehicle software updates or updates to the GPS database. Retail price is $449.95.
Key features of the Cobra Road Scout Elite:
- Maximum False Alert Filtering for improved Accuracy: filters out radar frequencies from new vehicles’ Collision Avoidance Systems and other ADAS systems as well as patented AutoLearn® technology to self-correct from sensors that create false alerts
- GPS-based filtering prevents false alerts and improves location accuracy to provide drivers with timely, up-to-date conditions
- Defender Database alerts drivers in advance to red light and speed camera locations
- Superior range, response time & accuracy, powered by high tech sensors and advanced DSP technology
- Connected car Wi-Fi compatible for live, in-car software and Defender Database updates
- Wirelessly connects to the Cobra iRadar app for community-based alerts and speed limits
- Full HD 1080p video, optimized for day or night recording
- Drive HD app enables drivers the ability to view, edit and share videos directly from their smartphones via the Road Scouts embedded Wi-Fi
- Internal GPS records speed and location information on all video files
- Continuous loop recording
- Automatic video saving upon impact with a 16 GB Micro SD card
A sister product to the Road Scout Elite is a connected 360 degree radar/laser detector called the Cobra DualPro 360. It also alerts drivers to traffic enforcement, red light and speed cameras, and radar based live speed enforcement locations.
Key features of the Cobra DualPro 360°:
- Front and rear advanced sensors
- 360° directional alert arrows
- Updatable Defender GPS database
- Updatable IVT Filter and Advanced DSP to reduce false alerts and improve accuracy
- Customizable high-resolution multi-color graphic display
- Wirelessly connects to the iRadar app for community-based alerts and speed limits
The Cobra DualPro 360° and Cobra Road Scout Elite can connect to the iRadar app, which generates 100 million sensor-based alerts annually.
For more information on pricing and availability of the Cobra Elite Series, visit Cobra.com.