Press Release (edited): Holly Hill, FL –– Metra Electronics is shipping a new live video streaming rearview mirror monitor that works with a backup camera, forward-facing camera, and HD DVR to provide a high-tech safety upgrade.
High-Quality Rearview Mirror with 9.8” Built-in Monitor and Forward-Facing Camera – The rearview mirror provides the driver the exact same view they would have as if they were standing outside of the vehicle. At 60 frames per second, the full-sized touchscreen monitor provides a fluid visual with almost no lag, thanks to the LVDS signal. The built-in forward-facing camera has a 170-degree view with 1080p resolution.
Rearview Camera – The kit includes a dedicated 1080p HD rearview camera with a 130-degree viewing angle. This outside mounted camera increases the field of vision by an estimated 300% over traditional rearview mirrors.
1080p HD DVR
The DVR can automatically record both the forward-facing and rearview camera simultaneously while driving. It also offers a menu option to start and record any activity (forward and rear) for the amount of time selected by the user. While this DVR supports up to 64GB of storage on a Micro-SD card (sold separately), it is also equipped with a G-sensor that activates in the event of a collision to lock in the recording, preserving potentially vital video evidence of the accident. The built-in GPS antenna also provides a DVR timestamp for additionally critical video evidence.
A universal footprint mount is included to allow an easy and seamless install. (Use the TE-M06 to work with other vehicle applications, sold separately. Vehicle-specific options are available for Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, Kia, Subaru, VW, Mercedes, Fiat, Iveco, and Peugeot.)
Additional convenience features include an integrated compass and clock, built-in speaker for DVR playback and a reverse trigger for the backup visual.
This TE-STM98 is now shipping, visit iBeamUSA.com for additional details.
- Replacement mirror with 9.8” touchscreen built-in monitor
- 1080p HD DVR recording
- Integrated compass with clock
- Real-time rearview visual at a 130-degree viewing angle
- Built-in speaker for DVR playback
- Universal footprint mount included (if the vehicle does not have a universal footprint, installers need to use the TE-M06, sold separately)
- 1080p HD rearview camera included
- Reverse trigger for backup visual
- GPS antenna for DVR timestamp
- Allows up to a 64GB SD card (TE-16SD available, sold separately)
- 60 fps LVDS digital signal at the rear camera for less lag and a fluid visual