VAIS has released a new hardware platform (Gen 2) for its vehicle-specific satellite radio adapters.
The new platform provides upgrade connectivity features for vehicles including Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat, Ford, GM, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, Jeep, Land Rover, Mazda, Mercedes, Nissan, Subaru, and Toyota.
“All our integration devices we’ve made for eight years have been upgraded with better feature set. We can now fast charge through our system versus the factory systems, which lack fast charge,” said Executive VP Dennis Hopper.
The new interfaces allow select vehicles to add the SiriusXM SXV300v1 satellite radio tuner to their existing factory stereo, without compromising factory functions. Users can operate SiriusXM through the factory controls including steering wheel controls.
The new Gen 2 features claims the following improvements:
- Better and faster processor
- Behind the radio connection for all Toyota models including the new 2018 Toyota Camry
- Upgrade the existing factory USB port to fast charging, on all behind the radio applications.
- Adding optional USB fast charging port on all models.
- Locking connectors for better automotive quality.
For more information visit http://www.vaistech.com