Scosche Industries announced at CES new factory fit wireless Qi chargers for various automobiles.
The new OE Fit chargers are vehicle-specific and snap into the vehicle’s console area using a plastic panel custom made to replace the factory panel. Drivers then simply place their Qi-enabled phone from Apple, Samsung and other phone makers on the charger for cord-free charging.
The first set of new OEM Direct Fit MagicMount CHARGE kits will be released in Spring 2018 for:
- 2007 – 2013 select GM trucks center console units (that’s all the details I have at the moment)
- 2009 and up Ford F-150 Front Console
- 2009 and up RAM truck center console
- 2008 – 2013 Honda Accord
- 2013 and up Ford Fusion
- 2005 – 2015 Toyota Tacoma center console
According to Scosche, the mounts offer:
- Up to 10W of Qi wireless charging power.
- A direct, OEM fit design that allows for easy installation and sleek aesthetics.
- LED charging indicator.
- Vehicle-Specific T-Harness for Power/Ground
- MagicMount technology to help secure device and ensure positional charging will not be affected by vehicle movement.
- Qi Certification by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) to assure compatibility with Qi-enabled devices..
Pricing has not yet been released.