Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.
Senior Manager, National Sales
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is the industry-leading manufacturer of high performance mobile electronics. Alpine is the only manufacturer specializing in mobile multimedia, an integrated system approach incorporating digital entertainment, security and navigation products for your mobile entertainment. As a consolidated subsidiary of Alps Electric Co., Ltd., one of the world’s premier manufacturers of electronic components for computer, communications and car electronic equipment, Alpine is the specialized supplier of quality mobile electronics systems.
This Senior Manager will direct and coordinate sales activities for the Brand Business Division in the U.S., Canada, and Latin America markets. This position will collaborate with the Vice President/General Manager in formulating and administering organization policies by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate regional managers.
This position will work out of our National Headquarters Office in Torrance, California and can expect 40% of business travel.
- Manages the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of three regional managers.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine division progress toward goals and objectives.
- Sets performance goals for the division accordingly.
- Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Analyzes market trend statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sales.
- Analyzes external trends makes recommendations for new business opportunities.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote the Alpine brand and its’ products.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales managers and representatives.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales managers with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Partner with vendors to develop and leverage strategic partnerships that grow Alpine business.
- Successful candidate should have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience including ten to fifteen years of sales management experience working with sales reps and/or independent rep firms. Candidate should have experience working with automotive dealership channels, specifically with Expediters and Restylers.
- Must have in depth knowledge of sales, marketing, and distribution planning and management of consumer electronics particularly in the mobile electronics industry.
- Knowledge of Alpine product line and a working understanding of 12-volt product application.
- Must be a strong negotiator with retail partners and vendors.
- Must have a proven track record to motivate and lead a successful sales team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills are necessary with strong sales, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related programs.
- This position can expect 40% of business travel
How To Apply:
To view the full job description and/or apply online please follow the link below. If you have questions about the position please feel free to reach out to Barbara Rafael, senior corporate recruiter at Alpine, at [email protected].
Alpine offers competitive salaries with a great work environment. Our comprehensive employee benefits package includes:
- PPO Health Benefits (medical/dental/vision) Effective on Start Date
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Opportunity for Annual Bonuses
- Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule
- Optional 9/80 Work Schedule
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Product Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Life, AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurances
Alpine values its members as individuals, and is committed to forming an energetic and attractive company where the quality of work is enhanced.