MECP, the Mobile Electronics Certified Professionals organization, honored several industry members at its annual MECP Masters Appreciation dinner at the SEMA Show earlier this month.
MECP achievement awards were:
- Very First in Attendance to become MECP Certified: Bill Repicky (Metra/Heise). Bill became MECP Basic certified back in September 1994, over 22 years ago. Bill won a Sony MEX-MB100bt head unit.
- Longest Continually Master Certified in Attendance: Josh White (Firstech/Compustar). Josh has been an MECP Master since February 2008 and now works as a Technical Support Specialist. Josh won a Sony MEX-MB100bt head unit.
- Longest Continually MECP Certified in Attendance: Bryan Safford (Best Buy). Bryan has been an MECP Master since February 2009, but has held MECP certifications continuously without expiration (or having leveled-up) since July 2004. Bryan won a Sony MEX-MB100bt head unit.
- Leadership Award: Jeff Meece (Meece Car Audio). Since becoming Master certified in 2008, Jeff has opened and grown a successful independent retail business with many employees to manage and positively influence. Jeff won a Heise LED light bar, Focal ear buds and a Focal pry tool set.
- Entreprenuer Award: Jim Smyka (IDEA Solutions). Since becoming Master certified in 2006, Jim has started an expeditor-focused installation business as well as a few other businesses including his t-shirt company Warhole Designs. Jim won a Heise LED light bar, Focal ear buds and a Focal pry tool set.
MECP said the annual dinner has become a “can’t miss” event for up-and-coming leaders in the aftermarket automotive electronics industry. Nearly 30 people attended the event, including guests from Sony, Orca, AudioControl, AAMP Global, Metra and several sales rep firms.
Give away prizes were provided by Sony, Audio Control, Bojo Tools, CTA, Focal America, Heise Lighting, Mobile Solutions.
MECP recognized Kris Bulla and Pete Daley as exceptional proctors who have been responsible for delivering many MECP exams throughout 2016. . MECP also recognized the MECP Facebook group’s success, as monitored by Master technicians Michael Abeita, Kris Bulla and Rick Costello.
If you’re an MECP Master, consider joining MECP at next year’s event in Las Vegas.