Mobile Solutions USA’s next class in Advanced Door Panel Fabrication Training – Interior Build School will be held over a four day period at the Mobile Solutions facility in Tempe, AZ from February 7-10, 2015.
Lead instructor Bryan Schmitt is joined by talented guest presenters; Tom Miller, co-owner of Musicar Northwest and 2014 ME-Mag Installer of the Year and Tracy Weaver, owner of The Recovery Room and a world-renowned interior fabricator to the Hot Rod world.
Instructors will build several examples of a 3-dimensional door panel, and trim panels. Plus they will build consoles, armrests, and transition panels. “It’s truly an interior build school,” said Schmitt.
Participants see how time-saving steps for multi-layered panels can help increase custom labor revenue. And each attendee will build their own project using the techniques learned during the training session.
Some of the new MasterTech 3D training highlights include:
- Quick drawing and design techniques – not an artist, don’t worry. Participants learn to draw 2D and 3D sketches in minutes.
- Advanced fiberglass fabrication including design and construction of 3-dimensional fiberglass panels.
- In-depth router inlays to accommodate multiple materials and layering – the 3D look.
- Brilliant aluminum inserts created quickly and easily, including different surface finish treatments.
- Comprehensive upholstery techniques including stitching with an industrial Juki sewing machine. Participants learn the secrets on how to cover difficult panels with leather, vinyl and other materials, including the latest stitching and wrapping secrets.
- Design and modification to an OEM door panel to create pressed snap-in (factory-like) grilles. This process will open participants up to profitable modifications on all modern cars without complete door panel reconstruction.
- Complete door panel reconstruction from start to finish. Participants see every step firsthand, from the concept drawing through final upholstery.
The cost of the four-day MasterTech 3D Advanced Door Panel Fabrication Training is $1250 including on-site lunch and snacks. To register, please visit www.mobilesolutions-usa.com or call (480) 968-2074 to secure your spot. Seating is limited and the class fills fast.