The Consumer Electronics Association said the results are in for its Car Tech Week in May that included TV and radio interviews to promote awareness of car electronics.
The tour reached close to 8 million people and included a TV interview with a CBS affiliate in New Orleans and Wall Street Journal Radio, a national radio station. Shown below is the CEA’s Jim Barry explaining some of the car’s new technologies to Examiner.com in Chicago.
CEA spokesman Steve Kidera said, “With 8 million audience views to date, the tour was a great success and created significant consumer awareness around the latest in-vehicle technologies.”
Here are the results:
• The satellite media tour (producing interviews with TV, radio and other media) has already reached more than 7.9 million people.
• More than 80% of the interviews were in the top 50 media markets, including Atlanta, Houston and Pittsburgh.
• Top TV hits include WWL (CBS), a local broadcast station in New Orleans with an audience of over 70,000 viewers.
• Top radio hits include Wall Street Journal Radio, a national radio station with an audience of over 2.9 million listeners.
• The top web hit is Examiner.com with an audience of over 1.5 million visitors.
The story from the Examiner is here.
See a full press release on CEA’s Suggested Automotive Products for 2011.
About 16 consumer electronics companies were featured during interviews held on May 25. Highlighted products were:
CrimeStopper SV-9152 (4.3″ OEM Style Replacement Rear View Digital Mirror Monitor) plus the Backup Camera SV-5111 (Mini License Bar Mount)
Alpine CDE-123 Head Unit with Pandora
Sony Digital Media Receiver (DSX-S300BTX)
Sony AV Receiver with TomTom
DICE Silverline Duo w/Livio
Random Joe “The Zhip”
Boston Acoustics SE Series Speakers and GTA Series Amplifiers
Audiovox Mobile Video w/PS2 (VOD10PS2)
Audiovox Wireless Vehicle Rear Observation System
Dual XGPS 150 Universal GPS
Bracketron Universal Tablet Headrest Mount and various other in-car mounts
Alva Bluetooth In-Car FM Transmitter
Directed Electronics Viper SmartStart GPS
Escort Inc Passport iQ and the Passport 9500ix
Plantronics K100 Car Speakerphone
Simply Interactive App which will allow drivers to do everything from request roadside assistance to make their vehicle lease payment