CRUX Interfacing Solutions announced what it calls the first automatic calibrating 360 degree camera system for cars as well as the first vehicle specific 360 system.
The initial CRUX360 birdseye view camera system will work with specific Toyota models. CRUX will also offer in the future a universal auto-calibrating system for any car, said CRUX’s Rich DeSclafani.
The new CRUX360 still requires installers to set up calibration mats around the car, but then it auto-calibrates in 5 minutes for simpler installation, DeSclafani said.
The first model offers a plug and play connection to the car radio in select Toyota models, which can shave an hour off of installation time, and eliminate the need for a third party interface, CRUX said.
As in other 360 camera systems, four cameras are placed around the car and a stitched image is then sent to the car’s screen. It gives you a view of blind spots around the car as well as multiple views from the cameras.
The CRUX360 will ship in a few weeks. Suggested retail pricing will be announced at that time.
It will be on view at the SEMA Show this week at Booth #12150 of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Auto calibration can be performed in 5 minutes. The system has Optional Manual calibration as well
- PLUG n’ PLAY installation seamlessly integrates into the factory system
- Quad View:
- CRUX 360 Quad View feature can be used to record each camera separately using 2 channel DVR.
- Mode view:
- Mode view allows the viewing of each camera independently on the display monitor (F/L/R/R)
- Manufactured in Korea using OEM Grade components