Join the VOXX Electronics Engineering Team as a Vehicle Applications Technician – Security, Telematics, Advanced Safety / Convenience and Mobile Video.
This position supports the Engineering and Product Development group through review of product concepts for vehicle application, product functionality, installation, data communication and documentation. Generally, the person will be self-directed for daily tasks as part of a team environment. In addition, this position will also work in concert with the sales and marketing departments for specific customer and product requirements. You will also work with the Product Development group to modify and maintain existing product platforms by enhancing features in response to direct or indirect customer feedback. You will report to the Engineering Validation Manager.
MAJOR DUTIES: Work with the Engineering and Product Development group to ensure specific vehicle application of the products within the Aftermarket Security, Telematics, Advanced Safety / Convenience and Mobile Video groups.
To work with Product Development in the creation of Interface harnesses, vehicle data, mounting brackets, Web Site population of vehicle specific technicial data, as required, for production release of product and maintance of exsisting products. Perform product testing in vehicle and on the bench as well document finding.
Travel to various customers, new car dealers and / or corporate locations to extract information / data for new vehicle appliactions.
Participate in regular team coordination meetings.
- Validation and Support
- Network with local automobile dealerships.
- Validate in-vehicle core product (software and hardware).
- Review installation guides and provide feedback prior to publishing.
- Assist in developing new products and correcting problems on current products.
- Provide information regarding problems encountered on products and investigate.
- Update vehicle level test plans as required.
- Perform product testing and provide feedback.
- Install and test products in vehicles for the purpose of developing, reviewing, and release new T-harnesses, carry over firmware and/or new developed firmware using Voxx/DEI standard data collection and logging methods.
- Acquire in-vehicle data utilizing electronics equipment such as meter, scopes, and CAN data tools.
- Photograph and itemize the location of wire connections, brackets, modules, etc. in vehicles.
- Prepare, create and correct technical material.
- Participate in tech support teams training.
- Vehicle Remote Start T-Harness
- Participate in the development of the t-harnesses for core products.
- Identify the connectors.
- Update the test plan.
You are the person we are looking for if you have:
- High School Diploma + related experience or College Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the installation of 12-Volt mobile electronics, with an emphasis on vehicle security, remote start, collision avoidance products and mobile video.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with 12V trends and new technologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- Mobile Electronics Certification Program (MECP) certification an asset.
- Understand electronic vehicle diagrams.
- Understanding of vehicle CAN bus data tools a plus
- Familiarity with cloud-based task management and tracking processes a plus
VOXX Electronics Corp. offers all full-time employees’ medical, dental, vision (company fully pays vision), 401(k), life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability.
VOXX Electronics Corp., is an EOE.
Please send resumes to [email protected]