Signature Audio, a specialty 12 volt retailer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, has immediate openings for experienced and self-motivated 12 Volt professionals, either as a 12 Volt Master Technician or a Master Fabricator. In these important roles, the candidates will perform high-quality in-vehicle installations of audio and radar/laser equipment and work with a team of other installation professionals. Extensive experience in audio system installations and working with high-end clientele is a must for candidates applying to this position.
The 12 Volt Master Technician position at Signature Audio is focused on electrical, wiring, assembly and OEM audio integration work rather than fabricating. A qualified individual for this role is:
- A self-motivated individual with 5+ years of car audio installation experience encompassing a broad range of vehicles and audio system configurations.
- Highly knowledgeable on OEM audio integration and fundamental DSP tuning skills.
- Highly knowledgeable on custom-installed (CI) radar/laser detection systems.
- Highly knowledgeable in fundamental electronic components such as relays, diodes, etc., as well as DC electrical system architecture.
- Knowledgeable in OEM-style wiring harness connectors/crimping such as MetriPack, Weather Pack, Deutch, Molex, etc.
- Circuit board level knowledge for repair or modifications is a plus, but not required.
- Fabrication knowledge is a plus, but not required
- MECP Advanced or Master and/or ASE A6 certification not required, but certainly a plus.
The 12 Volt Master Fabricator position at Signature Audio is focused on fabrication of wood, metal and plastic composites as implemented in car audio and radar/laser systems rather than wiring and electrical tasks. A qualified individual for this role is:
- A self-motivated individual with 5+ years of car audio fabrication experience encompassing a broad range of vehicles and audio system configurations, all with serviceability and longevity in mind.
- Highly knowledgeable industry-leading fabrication processes using the router table, templates, table saw, sanding/primer/paint and other tools of the trade.
- Able to create fiberglass/composite subwoofer enclosures, A-pillars, custom door or interior panels, custom consoles and other interior accompaniments in conjunction with our in-house upholstery department.
- Able to perform basic MIG welding and metal work for amp racks, mounting fixtures and brackets as well as work with aluminum for panel inserts or trim enhancements.
- AutoCAD skills and knowledge of CNC automation (router and laser) is a big plus.
- Extensive electrical or OEM audio integration knowledge not required, but certainly a plus.
All Candidates Must Be:
- Be able to work with a team of other installation technicians to ensure timely completion and high-quality installation standards are met.
- Highly knowledgeable on European sports cars and exotics (disassembly, fitment, etc.).
- Someone who possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Someone who enjoys a team-oriented working environment with others who have their own skill sets (fabrication, metal work, upholstery, automation, etc.).
- Someone who is detail-oriented and works to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Someone who exhibits professional conduct at all times, both with co-workers and clientele.
Signature Audio values individuals who contribute to the ongoing company philosophy of serving our clientele with the highest possible level of quality and convenience. Our clientele expects what we promise and we actively seek team members who are committed to deliver.
About the 12 Volt Master Technician and Master Fabricator Positions:
- Compensation for the 12 Volt Master Technician or 12 Volt Master Fabricator positions is based on experience. ($60,000 – $100,000)
- Pay is commensurate with work experience, skillset, and organizational ability.
- We offer above-average pay for the greater Phoenix area compared to 12 volt shops for this position.
- Full medical coverage – 100% employer-paid
- Generous annual paid vacation time.
- 8:30am-5pm Monday-Friday. No weekends.
- Relocation stipend available for qualified applicants.
- Signature Audio provides advancement opportunities as company growth continues to expand.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
If you’re not a Master in either discipline, but feel as though you’re well above average with strong skills and knowledge in both disciplines of electrical/integration and fabrication, definitely consider submitting a resume.
About Signature Audio
Signature Audio is the premier 12 volt specialty retailer in Scottsdale, Arizona. Our clientele are high net worth individuals and we work on primarily European exotics (Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Maserati, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.). The shop is over 8400 square feet and is outfitted with all the necessary tooling to complete metal, wood and plastics fabrication as needed. We also have automation with a CNC router and CNC laser to further our capabilities. The entire workshop is air conditioned with epoxy floors and generous space for tools and workbenches. If there’s a tool or machine we need to increase quality and efficiency and don’t already have it, you’ll help make the business case for why we need it.
How to Apply
Please email your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to [email protected]
“Signature Audio 12 Volt Master Technician” or “Signature Audio 12 Volt Master Fabricator” in the subject line, please. Consider your email message a cover letter and please include notable installation, technical skills, salary history and complete contact information.