BOSS Audio announced its first motorcycle audio source unit.
The new BEHDIN98 is under the BOSS Elite series (a minimum advertised price–MAP-protected line aimed mainly at brick and mortar dealers). It is compatible with Harley-Davidson Electra Glide, Street Glide, or Road Glide bikes, model years 1998 to 2013.
The unit has a 3-inch monochrome screen viewable in direct sunlight and plug and play installation. It provides Bluetooth streaming, AM/FM radio and water resistant design.
Other features include:
● AM/FM Receiver has 18 FM/12 AM Presets and is switchable between US & EU Tuner Frequencies.
● Zero Current Draw Memory: Never lose your settings, even if the power is disconnected.
● Selectable Amber or White Button Illumination and Three Variable Brightness Display and Button Modes: Customize your audio system’s appearance and adjust for visibility.
● Retains Factory Handlebar Audio Controls: Conveniently operate your audio system without taking your hands off the handlebars. (harness not included)
● Weather-Resistant Design: IPX6-Rated Front Panel and IPX4-Rated Chassis provide durability.
● Enhanced Durability: Conformal Coated PCB, UV Protected Front Panel, and ZAM Coated Corrosion-Resistant Steel Chassis.
● Class A/B amplifier (2 Ohm Stable) delivers up to 72W x 4 @ 2 Ohms or 48W x 4 @ 4 Ohms.
● Versatile Connectivity: Various Inputs & Outputs, including Aux In, Rear USB Port, Pre-Amp Outputs, and Factory OEM Rear Speaker Output
● Diverse Playback Support: MP3/WMA and Bluetooth Audio Streaming
Retail price for the BEHDIN98 is $339.99. A factory wiring harness and connectors are required.
The BEHDIN98 can be combined with BOSS Harley audio kits– BHD3F front audio kit and BHD98 rear saddlebag speaker kit.