The Director of Product Development will be responsible for leading the New Product
Development Infotainment Team creating product roadmaps, business planning, cost analysis,
and reporting on progress with inputs from various contributing groups at AAMP Global. This
position will work closely with Sales, Marketing, and Technical Support departments for product
requirements, maintenance, and opportunities.
• Idealization Lead for aftermarket Infotainment and Advanced Integration products
• Ensure efficient and effective launch from product conception through commercialization
• Oversee, support, and continuously improve processes including but not limited to
APQP, Gantts, and general reporting
• Lead Infotainment and Advanced Integration development teams
• Collaborate with and coordinate technical and scheduling matters for both internal and
external Engineering teams
• Manage multiple product lines across all Infotainment-Centric categories
• Create product and financial planning business plans to drive 3–5-year product roadmaps
• Lead trainings in support of new product launches for Sales, Marketing, Tech Support,
• Manage global vendor relationships and work with overseas suppliers in real-time
• Must have a proven track record of product development project management with
• Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively with peers in cross functional
areas; work cooperatively with management
• Proven experience managing multiple, fast paced projects, with on time and on budget
• Ability to communicate effectively; verbal and written; strong presentation skills
• Ability to work extended hours including evenings and/or weekends
• Strong organizational skills
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, or equivalent relevant manufacturing
• Strong knowledge of Multimedia products at both the aftermarket and OEM levels.
• Prior experience managing feature licenses – Bluetooth, HDMI, SiriusXM, HD Radio,
• Knowledge of automotive CAN BUS, NMEA 2000 systems and advanced OEM vehicle
technologies is a PLUS
• 5-10+ years of experience in Multimedia/Source Unit Product Development,
• Proficient use of project planning/management tools like MS Project or similar
• This position is responsible for managing 2 – 4 direct reports.
• Indoor offices with controlled temperature
• May sit and stand for long periods of time
• Crouching, kneeling, standing, walking, pushing, and lifting occasionally
• Operating computer, telephone, voicemail, and other office equipment regularly
• Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours – Full Time: 8am – 5pm (one hour lunch), Monday – Friday
Position Location: Clearwater, FL or Ontario, CA
Travel: 20% domestic and international travel required to support the product development
process; including but not limited to manufacturing facilities, suppliers, vendors, trade shows,
and industry events.
ADA/EEO: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the
American Disabilities Act of 1990. AAMP Global provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or genetics.
To apply click here.