Locations: Dallas, TX, Long Beach, CA
SiriusXM is seeking a Senior Sales Manager, Retail Sales to be responsible for developing, implementing and executing sales, marketing and training programs for the western region. The incumbent will be responsible for a key and important territory that will generate a substantial percentage of the channel’s business and will be responsible for growing satellite radio sales and activations at the dealer and distributor level. This position is ideal for a 12Volt professional with solid contacts and a proven history of developing and driving sales growth with a major consumer electronics manufacturer or automotive services provider.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, develop and grow satellite radio sales at current dealer and distributor base.
- Add new accounts as needed to optimize satellite radio opportunities in the western region.
- Work closely with other manufacturers, reps and business influencers to implement sales, marketing and training programs.
- Utilize and leverage various tools and resources to maximize satellite radio sales.
- Work with Director, Retail Sales to develop programs and ideas to support the Dealer and Distributor Network (Training, Marketing, Event Participation, etc.).
- Travel at least 50% of the time to meet with key accounts, implement merchandising programs, execute sales initiatives, travel with reps and attend trade events as needed.
- Provide report and market updates as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business management or marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years proven success with a major consumer electronics manufacturer or automotive services provider in driving and developing successful sales and business development results at major accounts.
- Proven background developing the western region with a solid network of contacts in the 12Volt space.
Requirements and General Skills:
- At least 5 years account management experience with a major consumer electronics manufacturer developing sales and marketing programs and driving results at major retailers, independent specialists, distributors and buying groups.
- Strong knowledge of automotive products (audio, video, security, telematics, mobile electronics).
- Must have strong relationships with key decision makers at distributors, dealers, radio manufacturers and rep organizations in the western USA.
- Must be able to influence decision makers and deliver results on a consistent basis.
- Proven background in exceeding monthly and annual sales goals.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to cultivate, negotiate and manage strategic business relationships.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
To apply click here and hit the “Apply” button.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.