POSITION: Custom Installed (CI) & Connected Car Technical Support
LOCATION: Chicago, IL or West Chester, OH.
This is a great time to join Escort a Cedar Electronics Brand. The Technical Support area is a growing part of the business. If you want to be responsible for all Custom Installed (CI) and Connected Car Products and Applications – based technical support, ongoing technical initiative support, trade-show support this is the job for you.
You will be responsible for providing support to all CI and Connected Car Products and Applications as well as assist for other tech-driven initiatives to support the 12 Volt, Car Dealers and CE retail channels as required. This position will also support the product management and development teams by providing in-field beta testing and resource planning. This position will support as required to the customer service team and the Product Marketing team.
- Mobile phone connectivity and accessibility at all times (within reason)
- Coordinate with internal Customer Care in order to provide technical support to Customers’ Service teams to provide proper resolution to consumer issues related to the operation or installation of the quality of CI & Connected Car Products and Applications
- Collaborate with the Channel Manager, Product Marketing, and product teams to resolve issues from the field and provide resource planning.
- Develop strategies and support documents to distribute to retail accounts to assist in troubleshooting issues.
- Be able to travel and assist at trade shows focusing on helping installers / retail accounts resolve issues that they introduce.
- Assist in training at trade shows to address key technical issues.
- Assist in developing training support material regarding troubleshooting or preventing issues in the field.
- Support Product Development team by providing in-field beta testing and resource planning for new technology introductions.
- Provide input as needed in business planning and product planning activities.
- Collaborate with Marketing to identify unique training needs and develop sell / support sheets for field.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations to coordinate distribution, scheduling, shipping and invoicing where necessary for assigned customer/retail partners.
- Monitor relevant data and reports to identify trends and opportunities.
- Working with the Channel Manager, maintain close contact with accounts and manufacturers’ representatives by territory visits and communication to direct activities for maximum sales potential.
- Adhere to all internal policies and reporting structure.
- Prospecting for new business relevant in the dedicated channel structure.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the 12volt industry (preferable installation-based)
- Experience working with 12volt retail and car dealer personnel preferred
- Experience working in a customer service and support environment
- MECP Certification or equivalent experience
Experience and Qualifications
- Strong communication, verbal and written skills
- Proficient in proper use of tools required for installation
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish) preferred
- 50% Travel
- Proven ability to develop effective relationships with customers and senior executives
- Effective leadership, time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High level of personal enthusiasm, professional presence, and self-motivation
- Working knowledge of mobile apps and popular social media channels
Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resumes to Mike Bigane – [email protected]