Provides customers with product and technical support. Support Directed authorized dealers and 12 Volt installers by answering questions via email, chat, and phone. Installs various mobile electronics products. Assists in developing, writing and editing material for reports, manuals, instructions books and related technical publications under the direction of the Global Technical Service Manager.
- Responsible for providing product and technical support to Directed Authorized Dealers, 12 Volt technicians, and consumers via e-mail, telephone and live chat.
- Instruct technicians on the appropriate use and installation of Directed products.
- Troubleshoot product and installation issues.
- Escalate issues as necessary to the appropriate teams. Communicate with customers and supervisor regarding product issues and follow-up to make sure fixes are received and tested.
- Contribute to the achievement of set departmental goals which include customer call hold-times, the percentage of calls answered by the department and quality of service.
- Write Product Malfunction Reports on defective product for the purpose of tracking, documenting and assisting with design development and quality control.
- Provide product feedback or preventative action information to appropriate company representatives.
- Record caller details and nature of inquiry into CRM database for each call taken.
- Complete, maintain and process pertinent paperwork and records to document incoming issues.
- Install, maintain, and program security and remote start products and accessories following currently accepted industry standards including: check in/out list for vehicle, concealment of equipment and wiring, quality of connections, written record of components and switches, and proper circuit testing and identification using a digital multi-meter.
- Review various manufacturer and trade catalogs, drawings, technical documentation and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service.
- Assist in the final testing of new products.
- Optional: Provide field training to our dealers during the year.
- Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) certification required upon hire.
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in the installation of mobile electronics equipment specializing in remote start, security and interface.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong telephone etiquette.
- Availability to travel if necessary. Travel may consist of driving personal vehicle for local training and/or flying by air.
- Computer literate in a Windows Environment.
- Spanish or French speaking is a plus.